1718 in Sweden
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Years in Sweden:||1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721|
|Centuries:||17th century · 18th century · 19th century|
|Decades:||1680s 1690s 1700s 1710s 1720s 1730s 1740s|
|Years:||1715 1716 1717 1718 1719 1720 1721|
Events from the year 1718 in Sweden
- April - The royal privateer Lars Gathenhielm dies and his widow Ingela Gathenhielm takes over his Baltic privateer- and pirate empire.
- May - Charles XII issue peace negotiations with Russia on Åland, handled by Georg Heinrich von Görtz, in a hope to conquer the Danish province of Norway with Russian help.
- August - The Carolean Death March on Tröndelag in Norway.
- October 30 - Charles XII attacks Norway.
- November 12 - Georg Heinrich von Görtz leaves the negotiations with Russia with a proposed peace treaty.
- November 30 – King Charles XII of Sweden is killed at Fredrikshald.
- December 1 - The brother-in-law of Charles XII and spouse of Princess Ulrika Eleonora, Frederick of Holstein-Gottorp, discontinue the Siege of Fredrikshald.
- December 2 - Georg Heinrich von Görtz is arrested by Frederick of Hesse for supporting Charles Frederick, Duke of Holstein-Gottorp, the rival of Ulrika Eleonora to the throne.
- December 5 - The news of the death of Charles XII reaches Stockholm.
- December 6 – Following the death of Charles XII on November 30, his sister Ulrika Eleonora proclaims herself Queen regnant of Sweden, as the news of her brother's death reaches Stockholm.
- 15 July – Alexander Roslin, painter (died 1793)
- 28 November – Hedvig Charlotta Nordenflycht, writer and poet
- October 25 - Reinhold Angerstein, metallurgist
|This Swedish history-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|