|Born||2 May 1902
|Died||24 April 2014
(aged 111 years, 357 days)
|Known for||Verified oldest living man
(?－1980, her death)
|Children||Children : 7
Grandchildren : 8
Great-grandchildren : 4
Arturo Licata (2 May 1902 – 24 April 2014) was an Italian supercentenarian, who lived until the age of 111 years, 357 days. Licata was recognized as the world's oldest verified living man, following the death of 112-year-old Salustiano Sanchez on 13 September 2013, until his own death on 24 April 2014.
Licata was born on 2 May 1902 into a family of four brothers and two sisters. At the age of nine he went to work in the mines, and later served in the Italian military, including during the 1936 Italian invasion of Ethiopia. When he was young, Licata walked 22 kilometers (14 miles) every day, due to the lack of cars in his area. He worked as a miner in dangerous working conditions, and later worked at an anti-tuberculosis dispensary and as a businessman. Licata's career lasted for over sixty years. He had seven children: Paolo, Salvatore, Rosario, Concettina, Giuseppina, Lucia and Gaetano (who died in 2000). Licata also has eight grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. His wife Rosa died in 1980, when Arturo was 78 years old. Licata lived in Enna, Sicily, Italy. Aside from poor hearing and eyesight, he remained in good health until May 2013 when his health began to decline.
- "Oldest Validated Living Supercentenarians". Gerontology Research Group. Retrieved 13 November 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "An Ennan man, the oldest in Italy, "My Secret? Sing and smile"" (in Italian). Retrieved 28 February 2013. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Arturo Licata is celebrating 109 years" (in Italian). Vivienna.it. Retrieved 28 February 2013. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "The oldest man in the world lives in Enna and is 111 years old" (in Italian). Retrieved 15 September 2013. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Morto a Enna a 111 anni Arturo Licata, uomo piu' vecchio al mondo (Italian)
- Dr. Alexander Imich confirmed as new world's oldest man at 111, Guinness World Records. Retrieved 15 December 2015.