|File:Blackpool Gazette Masthead.png|
|Type||Daily newspaper (excluding Sundays)|
|Headquarters||The Gazette Avroe House, Blackpool|
The Blackpool Gazette is an English evening newspaper based in Blackpool, Lancashire. Published every day except Sunday, it covers the towns and communities of the Fylde coast. It was founded as The West Lancashire Evening Gazette before being renamed the Evening Gazette, and then Blackpool Gazette.
The newspaper is published by Blackpool Gazette & Herald Ltd, and is known locally as The Gazette. Two other weekly newspapers are also published - the Lytham St.Annes Express and the Fleetwood Weekly News, and one free weekly newspaper, the Blackpool Reporter. All are owned by Johnston Press.
The Gazette had a close link with local football club Blackpool F.C. until the club's relegation from the Premier League in 2011. In 2014, the newspaper decided to scrap club chairman Karl Oyston's weekly column "given such disgusting and offensive comments" he made to a Blackpool fan. Oyston's response to stop recognising the Gazette as local media, instead only allowing them to attend national news conferences.
- "Company Directory: Blackpool Gazette & Herald Ltd". Johnston Press. Archived from the original on 2007-07-16. Retrieved 2007-10-05.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Polish Gazette in the TV spotlight". Blackpool Gazette. 2006-11-13. Archived from the original on 2007-10-18. Retrieved 2007-10-05.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Gazette comment: More shame on Blackpool FC" - Blackpool Gazette, 22 December 2014
- Blackpool Gazette online
- Lytham St.Annes Express online
- Fleetwood Weekly News online
- Witryana Polska - Polish Gazette
|This English newspaper–related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|