Bulgarian National Television
|Type||Broadcast television and internet|
|Vyara Ankova (general director)|
Bulgarian National Television (Bulgarian: Българска национална телевизия, Bŭlgarska natsionalna televiziya) or BNT (БНТ) is the public broadcaster of Bulgaria. The company was founded in 1959 and began broadcasting on December 26 of the same year. It began broadcasting in color in 1970. BNT's headquarters are located in Sofia, Bulgaria, in a building located at the well-known address of 29 San Stefano Str.
BNT's first live broadcast was the parade on the occasion of the October Revolution anniversary. BNT is funded from government funds (around 60%) with the rest coming from television commercials. It broadcasts two television channels: the over-the-air BNT 1 and the international BNT World, a channel aiming to broadcast Bulgarian production only. Another channel, Efir 2, existed between 1974 and 2000, and was later substituted by the private bTV. The channel was relaunched on October 2011 as BNT 2
BNT operates four regional broadcasting centres, based in Blagoevgrad (Pirin programme), Varna (More programme), Plovdiv (Plovdiv programme) and Rousse (Sever programme). They were merged to create the BNT 2 channel in October 2011.
After Bulgaria started official DVB-T transmissions on March 1, 2013, BNT got its own multiplex, which is available nationally and is operated by First Digital Ltd. The multiplex includes BNT 1 and BNT 2. The first new channel to be included to the multiplex is the new HDTV channel BNT HD.
The first broadcast of the first Bulgarian television was in 1959. The archive had recorders, photos and movies which were for the public in the end of the 1950s and beginning of '60s. Since 1964 in the television the first diaries about the movies and the news on the program were made.
Since 1975 the first video programs in the 2 inch format were made. In 1977 a fond about the broadcasting and movies from the program was created. In 1983 recorders with one-inch tape were made. The end of the 2 inch era was in 1984.
The year 1991 is very important for the Bulgarian National Television. All records started to be recorded on computer and digitized for better quality that is available in a variety of other formats. In 1992, a gold fond about all archives was created with 2,000 photos and 33,000 information objects.
- CEO – Vyara Ankova
- Members – Stankushev Boyko, Atanas Katsarchev
- Program Director BNT 1 – Sevda Shishmanova
- Assistant Director 2 and BNT World – Ekaterina Genova
- "About Us". Bulgarian National Television. Retrieved 28 July 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Däther, Kerstin; Scheuer, Alexander; Tscholakov, Radomir. "The Financing of Public Service Broadcasting in Selected Central and Eastern European States". http://www.obs.coe.int. European Audiovisual Observatory. p. 2. Archived from the original on 29 June 2001. External link in
- Media related to Bulgarian National Television at Wikimedia Commons
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.