Bureau of the Pan-African Parliament
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
the African Union
The Bureau of the Pan-African Parliament is essentially the leadership of the Pan-African Parliament (PAP) and consists of one President and four Vice-Presidents.
The President and each Vice-President represents a different region of Africa. The current members of the Bureau are:
- President - Bethel Nnaemeka Amadi from Nigeria, representing West Africa
- First Vice-President - Roger Nkodo Dang from Cameroon, representing Central Africa
- Second Vice-President - Moustafa El Gendy from Egypt, representing North Africa
- Third Vice-President - Loide L. Kasingo from Namibia, representing Southern Africa
- Fourth Vice-President - Juliana Kantengwa from Rwanda, representing East Africa
The Bureau is responsible for :
- The management and administration of the affairs and facilities of Parliament and its organs.
- Regulating the procedures relating to the financial, organisational and administrative needs in accordance with Financial Rules of the AU and matters concerning Members and the internal organisation of Parliament and its organs.
- Determining the draft agenda and the programmes of the sessions of Parliament.
- Determining the establishment, plan and structure of the Secretariat and lay down regulations for the staff, including their terms and conditions of service.
- Proposing to Parliament for adoption the establishment and job descriptions of its support staff.
- Proposing, to the Pan African Parliament, the appointment of the Clerk and Deputy Clerks to Parliament.
- The preparation of the draft budget and its presentation to the responsible Committee.
- Coordinating and harmonising the functions of Permanent Committees.
- Any other matters in accordance with the directives issued by Parliament.
Carrying out any other functions as may be prescribed by Parliament or incidental to these functions.
List of presidents
|President||Took office||Left office||State||Party||Photo|
|May 2004||May 2009||Tanzania||Chama cha Mapinduzi|
|2||Idriss Ndele Moussa
|May 2009||28 May 2012||Chad||Patriotic Salvation Movement|
|3||Bethel Nnaemeka Amadi
|28 May 2012||incumbent
Term expires May 2015
|Nigeria||People's Democratic Party|
List of Bureaus with representatives by region
|Mandate||Eastern Africa||Central Africa||Western Africa||Northern Africa||Southern Africa|
|Loum N. Neloumsei Elise
|Jerome Sacca Kina Guezere (2004–2005)
|Mohammed Lutfi Farhat
|Fernando Dias Van-Dúnem
|2||2009–2012||Mary Mugyenyi (2009–2011)
|Idriss Ndele Moussa
|Bethel Nnaemeka Amadi
|Joram Macdonald Gumbo
|Roger Nkodo Dang
|Bethel Nnaemeka Amadi
|Moustafa El Gendy
|Loide L. Kasingo
- "Bureau".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>