Carl, Duke of Württemberg
|Carl of Württemberg|
|Duke of Württemberg|
|Tenure||17 April 1975|
1 August 1936 |
|Spouse||Diane, Duchess of Württemberg|
|House||House of Württemberg|
|Father||Philipp Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg|
|Mother||Archduchess Rosa of Austria|
Carl, Duke of Württemberg, KOGF (Carl Maria Peter Ferdinand Philipp Albrecht Joseph Michael Pius Konrad Robert Ulrich Herzog von Württemberg, born 1 August 1936) is the current head of the House of Württemberg.
Heir to House of Württemberg
He was born in Friedrichshafen, Baden-Württemberg, the second son of Philipp Albrecht, Duke of Württemberg (1893–1975) and Archduchess Rosa of Austria, Princess of Tuscany (1906–1983). He became heir to the headship of the House of Württemberg after his older brother Ludwig renounced his succession rights.
Marriage and issue
- Duke Friedrich of Württemberg (born 1 June 1961), married on 11 November 1993 to Princess Wilhelmine Marie zu Wied (born 27 December 1973 Munich), a distant cousin, daughter of Ulrich Wilhelm Friedrich, Prince of Wied, and Ilke Fischer, in Altshausen, Württemberg, Germany, in a civil marriage, and they were remarried in a religious ceremony two days later at Altshausen. They have one son and two daughters:
- Duke Wilhelm Friedrich Carl Philipp Albrecht Nikolaus Erich Maria of Württemberg (b. Ravensburg, 13 August 1994).
- Duchess Marie-Amelie Diane Katherine Beatrix Philippa Sophie of Württemberg (b. Ravensburg, 11 March 1996).
- Duchess Sophie-Dorothea Martina Johanna Henriette Charitas Maria of Württemberg (b. Ravensburg, 19 August 1997).
- Duchess Mathilde Marie-Antoinette Rosa Isabelle (born 11 July 1962 in Friedrichshafen), married on 17 November 1988 to Hereditary Count Erich von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg (born 21 November 1962 in Ravensburg), with five daughters:
- Countess Marie-Thérèse Walburga Gabrielle Diana Georgina Franziska (born 5 October 1989 in Memmingen).
- Countess Marie Elisabeth Walburga Apollonia Alexandra Friederike (born 31 December 1990 in Ravensburg).
- Countess Marie Charlotte Walburga Antonia Adelheid Viktoria Henriette (born 10 May 1992 in Ravensburg).
- Countess Marie Hélène Walburga Yolande Christiana Michaela (born 29 November 1993 in Ravensburg).
- Countess Marie Gabrielle Walburga Angelika Antonia Friederike Fleur (born 29 November 1996 in Ravensburg).
- Duke Eberhard Alois Nikolaus Heinrich Johannes Maria (born 20 June 1963 in Friedrichshafen), married in 2011 to Lucia Désirée Copf (born 29 December 1969) with one son:
- Duke Alexander (born January 2010).
- Duke Phillipp Albrecht Christoph Ulrich Maria (born 1 November 1964 in Friedrichshafen), married 28 June 1991 to Princess Marie Caroline of Bavaria (born 23 June 1969 in Munich), daughter of Prince Max, Duke in Bavaria:
- Duchess Sophie Anastasia Assunta Marie Pauline (born 15 January 1994 in Munich).
- Duchess Pauline Philippa Adelheid Helena Marie (born 15 April 1997 in London).
- Duke Carl Theodor Philipp Maria Max Emanuel (born 15 June 1999 in London).
- Duchess Anna Maximiliana Elizabeth Mariella Marie (born 2 February 2007 in Frankfurt).
- Duke Michael Heinrich Albert Alexander Maria (born 1 December 1965 in Friedrichshafen), married in 2006 to Julia Ricarda Storz (born 1965).
- Duchess Eleonore Fleur Juanita Charlotte Eudoxie Marie-Agnès (born 4 November 1977 in Altshausen), married in 2003 to Count Moritz von Goëss (born 1966). They have one son and two daughters:
- Count Zeno Carl Philipp Alfonso Maria von Goëss (born 30 October 2004 in Vienna).
- Countess Flaminia von Goëss (born 25 February 2006).
- Countess Livia von Goëss (born July 2010).
- McIntosh, David (October 2006). "The 70th Birthday of Duke Carl of Württemberg". European Royal History Journal (LIII): 35.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Carl, Duke of WürttembergBorn: 1 August 1936
|Titles in pretence|
|— TITULAR —
King of Württemberg
17 April 1975 – present
Reason for succession failure:
Kingdom abolished in 1918