Chad is a generally derogatory slang term referring to a young urban white man, typically single and in his 20s or early 30s. The term originated during the 1990s in Chicago, Illinois, and was further popularized by a satirical website dedicated to the Lincoln Park Chad Society, a fictional social club based in Chicago's upscale Lincoln Park neighborhood. The female counterpart to the Chad, in slang, is the "Trixie".
A Chad is typically depicted as originating in Chicago's affluent North Shore suburbs (Highland Park, Lincolnshire, Deerfield, Northbrook, Glenview, Glencoe, Winnetka, Wilmette, or Lake Forest), receiving a BMW for his 16th birthday, obtaining a law or business degree from a Big Ten University, belonging to a fraternity, moving to Lincoln Park, marrying a Trixie, and then moving back to the North Suburbs.
- Kaduk, Kevin. Wrigleyworld: A Season in Baseball's Best Neighborhood (NAL Hardcover, 2006) ISBN 978-0-451-21812-4
- Tracy Swartz (April 24, 2008). "Talk of the town". Chicago Redeye (Tribune Co.). Retrieved 2 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Clay Risen (Aug 20, 2001). "Lincoln Park Trixie Society". Flak Magazine.
- » Lifecycle
- Lincoln Park Chad Society (archived) Website
- Lincoln Park Trixie Society Website at the Internet Archive Wayback machine.
- Lincoln Park Trixie Society Official Lincoln Park Website (Currently inactive)
|This Chicago-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This sociolinguistics article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|