Comedy Central (Netherlands)
|Launched||30 April 2007|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Northern Europe|
|Picture format||16:9 576i (SDTV)
|Audience share||1.4% (2012, )|
|Replaced||The Box Comedy|
|Sister channel(s)||Comedy Central Family
Comedy Central Extra
MTV Brand New
MTV Music 24
MTV Live HD
VH1 Classic Europe
|Ziggo||Channel 15 (SD/HD)|
|Delta NV||Channel 200|
|CAI Harderwijk||Channel 90|
|Kabel Noord||Channel 351|
|Stichting Kabeltelevisie Brabant-Gelderland||Channel 90|
|Kabelnet Veendam||Channel 134|
|Stichting Kabeltelevisie Pijnacker||Channel 90|
|Glashart Media||Channel 142|
|Horizon Go||Watch live (Netherlands only)|
Comedy Central is a Dutch television channel based on the American channel of the same name. The channel is available on cable, digital terrestrial, IPTV, and satellite operators in the Netherlands. It broadcasts many imports as well as original programming. There are also two other, 24 hours a day broadcasting, Comedy Central channels available in the Netherlands, named Comedy Central Family and Comedy Central Extra. These channels are only available on digital cable.
This section may contain an excessive amount of intricate detail that may only interest a specific audience. (September 2015)
Comedy Central launched on 30 April 2007, replacing former channel The Box Comedy. The Box was originally a Dutch music channel, which allowed viewers to vote on music videos. The channel later mainly broadcast comedy series. In June 2004, The Box was acquired by MTV Networks Benelux of Viacom. On December 1, 2006 The Box's airtime was shortened, coinciding with Nickelodeon's move from the channel Talpa (now RTL 8) to the The Box's channel. The Box was renamed The Box Comedy. On 30 April 2007 the channel was renamed Comedy Central. Between 2007 and 2010 Comedy Central aired between 20:00 pm until 5:00 am. The programming began after the programming of Nickelodeon.
In October 2008 Comedy Central launched a 24-hour digital sister channel, Comedy Central Family, a close collaboration between MTV Networks and Endemol. The channel was first offered by cable operator Ziggo. After this, other providers followed gradually.
On November 4, 2010 it was announced that Comedy Central would receive more airtime. Comedy Central ceased timesharing with Nickelodeon on January 1 of 2011, when Comedy Central moved to the TMF channel. On that channel Comedy Central is broadcasting 15 hours a day, between 15:00 and 06:00 (CET). It replaced TMF in its entirety in 2011. During mornings and early afternoons Kindernet was broadcast between 06:00 and 15:00 (CET).
From 1 October 2012 until 31 October 2013, Comedy Central is broadcasting 21 hours a day, between 09:00 and 06:00 (CET). In the early morning hours Kindernet was broadcast on the same channel between 06:00 and 09:00 (CET).
Since 1 November 2013, Comedy Central is broadcasting 24 hours a day, replacing Kindernet between 06:00 and 09:00 (CET). 
From November 2011 the digital channel Comedy Central Extra is broadcast by cable company Ziggo. These broadcasts include the American satirical program The Daily Show and stand-up shows.
On 1 October 2011, Comedy Central underwent a rebranding for the new logo. In 2012 the channel started with HD broadcasts, beginning on April 3, 2012 at UPC and from July 2, 2012 at Ziggo. It is broadcast increasingly in native HD on Comedy Central.
The voice-over since the launch of the channel in 2007 and since the rebrand in 2011 is provided by Joost Griffioen.
- Comedy Central News
- Freeks Oudejaars
- The Daily Show, Nederlandse Editie
- New Kids
- Kabouter Wesley
From the United States:
- 30 Rock
- 3rd Rock from the Sun
- 8 Simple Rules
- American Dad!
- Better off Ted
- Bob's Burgers
- Bored to Death
- Call Me Fitz
- Dickie Roberts: Forever Child Star
- Eastbound & Down
- Family Guy
- Grounded for Life
- How I Met Your Mother
- It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
- Kevin of the North
- Malcolm in the Middle
- My Name Is Earl
- Punch-Drunk Love
- South Park
- Stand Up Saturday
- That '70s Show
- The Best of Saturday Night Live
- The Cleveland Show
- The Jeff Dunham Show
- Married... with Children
- The Middle
- The Office US
- The Roast Of...
- The Simpsons
- Yes Dear
From the United Kingdom:
- Free Agents
- Takeshi's Castle (British edited version and Dutch commentary)
- Taking the Flak
- The Graham Norton Show'
- The IT Crowd
- Two pints of lager and a packet of crisps
Additional Channels in the Netherlands
- Comedy Central Family
- Comedy Central Extra
- MTV Brand New
- MTV Music 24
- MTV Hits
- MTV Rocks
- MTV Dance
- VH1 Europe
- VH1 Classic Europe
- Nick Jr.
- Nick Hits
- "Jaarrapport 2012" (PDF). Stichting Kijk Onderzoek.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- David de Jong (March 22, 2007). "Comedy Central neemt 30 april de plek van The Box (Comedy) in" (in Nederlands). DutchMedia Weblog.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "TMF maakt plaats voor Comedy Central en KinderNet" (in Nederlands). Mediacourant.nl. November 4, 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Zendtijd vanaf 09.00 uur" (in Nederlands). Comedy Central. September 11, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Jarco Kriek (March 8, 2012). "Nickelodeon HD en Comedy Central HD bij UPC van start" (in Nederlands). Totaal TV.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Einde Kindernet, Comedy Central 24 uur per dag, Totaal TV Nieuws, October 2, 2013