European Youth Olympic Festival
|European Youth Olympic Festival|
Official logo of the Games
|Editions of EYOF|
|EYOF Sports (details)|
The European Youth Olympic Festival (EYOF) is a biennial multi-sport event for youth athletes from the 48 member countries of the association of European Olympic Committees. The festival has a summer edition, held for the first time in Brussels in 1991, and a winter edition, which began two years later in Aosta. It was known at the European Youth Olympic Days from 1991 to 1999.
The event is run by the European Olympic Committees, under the patronage of the International Olympic Committee, and was the first multi-sport event in the Olympic tradition specifically for European athletes; it predates its senior equivalent, the European Games by some 24 years, and the Youth Olympic Games by 19 years.
The event should not be confused with the various European junior and youth championships in individual sports, such as the European Junior Athletics Championships which are organised by sporting federations.
Summer editions :
Winter editions :
- Athletics at the European Youth Olympic Festival
- Figure skating at the European Youth Olympic Festival
- Serbia at the European Youth Olympic Festival
- Turkey at the European Youth Olympic Festival
- Australian Youth Olympic Festival (AYOF)
- Asian Youth Games (AYG)
- European Games
- Bell, Daniel (2003). Encyclopedia of International Games. McFarland and Company, Inc. Publishers, Jefferson, North Carolina. ISBN 0-7864-1026-4.
- "EYOF 2019 in Türkei und Weißrussland". Der Deutsche Olympische Sportbund. Retrieved 26 November 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "European Committees Close Belgrade Meeting". Around the Rings. 27 November 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Olimpijske igre se vraćaju kući". Al Jazeera Balkans. 8 December 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to European Youth Olympic Festival.|
- The European Youth Olympic Festival at the European Olympic Committees website