From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Jump to: navigation, search

A fanlight is a window, semicircular or semi-elliptical in shape, with glazing bars or tracery sets radiating out like an open fan.[1] It is placed over another window or a doorway,[2][3] and is sometimes hinged to a transom. The bars in the fixed glazed window spread out in the manner of a sunburst. It is also called a "sunburst light".[4]

See also


  1. Poppeliers, John C.; Chambers, S. Allen, Jr. (2003). What Style is it? A Guide to American Architecture (2, revised, illustrated ed.). New York: John Wiley and Sons. p. 135. ISBN 9780471250364.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
  2. Ching, Francis D. K. (1995). A Visual Dictionary of Architecture. New York: John Wiley and Sons. p. 63. ISBN 0-471-28451-3.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
  3. "Fanlight". Illustrated Architecture Dictionary. Archived from the original on 2008-01-03. Retrieved 2008-01-16.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
  4. "Fanlight, Pilaster". Retrieved 2008-01-16.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>

External links