Aeropuerto de Fuerteventura
|IATA: FUE – ICAO: GCFV
|Operator||Aeropuertos Españoles y Navegación Aérea|
|Location||Puerto del Rosario|
|Elevation AMSL||26 m / 86 ft|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
Fuerteventura Airport (IATA: FUE, ICAO: GCFV), also known as El Matorral Airport, is an airport serving the Spanish island of Fuerteventura. It is situated in El Matorral site, 5 km (3.1 mi) southwest of the capital city Puerto del Rosario.
In 1973 El Matorral Airport began to operate its first flights to European countries with the airline Condor, which linked the German city of Düsseldorf directly with Puerto del Rosario. In the following years, the airport experienced considerable growth in the number of operations, which resulted in a series of improvements, starting in 1978, to ensure that the working of the aerodrome continued to meet the needs of the passengers.
Development since the 1990s
In 1992, the airport received more than 1,600,000 passengers, which made it necessary to carry out extensive refurbishment of the terminal and aircraft parking areas.
In 1994, construction started on a new terminal building, an aircraft apron, a taxiway parallel to the runway, a power plant and a new access road. The works were completed with the extension of the car park and a detour on the Puerto de Rosario-Matorral, road adding some two kilometres, of which 1.5 are double lane. With the new facilities it was possible to attend around five million passengers a year and manage around 3,100 passengers per hour during rush-hour periods.
Airlines and destinations
|Updated: 16 January 2015. 2014 data Provisional.|
|Passengers||Aircraft movements||Cargo (tonnes)|
|Source: Aena Statistics|
- AENA passenger statistics and aircraft movements
- Spanish AIP (AENA)
- EAD Basic
- "Sunway-Flights". Sunway. 11 October 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Germania Flight Schedule / 30.12.2014 - 01.11.2015" (PDF). Germania.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Jetairfly Flight Plan". Jetairfly.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "SmartWings Contact". smartwings.com.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "SmartWings Flight schedule". smartwings.com.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "New Routes from Rome S16" (in italiano). 5 October 2015. Retrieved 6 October 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Media related to Fuerteventura Airport at Wikimedia Commons