|File:HOT 105.7 Logo.png|
|City of license||Santa Clara, California|
|Broadcast area||Santa Clara/San Jose/Oakland/San Francisco, California|
|Slogan||"The Bay Area’s #1 For The Most Hip Hop & R&B"|
|Frequency||105.7 MHz(also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||September 25, 1964 (as KREP)|
|Transmitter coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Callsign meaning||ViVa (old station branding)|
|Former callsigns||KREP (1964-1974)
(Univision Radio License Corporation)
|Website||Hot 105.7 Website|
KVVF (Hot 105.7 FM) is a radio station that broadcasts from Santa Clara, California, and is being simulcast in San Rafael, California on KVVZ (100.7 FM). It is owned by Univision. Its studios are in the Financial District of San Francisco, and the KVVF transmitter is near Mount Hamilton.
Sometime in 2003, KEMR broadcast "Amor 105.7" also owned by Univision and later the format was moved to KSOL.
Between 2003 and June 27, 2005, KVVF was the "pop, rock y reggaeton" station, Viva 105.7, also owned by Univision.
On October 13, 2011, the station changed its former station branding "La Kalle" to "Latino Mix."
On March 17, 2014, Hot 105.7 FM started broadcasting at 5:05pm, beginning with a "history lesson" about the first "Hot" station that covered the San Jose area from 1988 to 1995, followed by the return of Chuy Gomez, a radio host formerly from KMEL, and aired a Mix Show. Although their playlist favors R&B/Hip-Hop hits, KVVF is programming the station as a Rhythmic Top 40 and targets a bilingual and younger Hispanic audience (mostly around the Southern portion of the Bay Area surrounding Santa Clara County) using the same formula as sister station KBBT/San Antonio. In a statement from Station Content Director Mark Arias, “We just feel like The Bay Area has been asking for something new and fresh. It’s a format they call Top 40/Rhythmic with a little bit of hip-hop, R&B and Top 40 crossed-over.”
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KVVF
- Radio-Locator information on KVVF
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KVVF
- http://hdradio.com/station_guides/widget.php?id=7 HD Radio Guide for San Jose
- "Bay Area Latino radio station 105.7 won't stop playing Nelly's 'Hot in Herre'".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- More info at Wikipedia article for Hot in Herre
- "Chuy Gomez Returns to Radio With Hot 105.7" from San Francisco City Guide (March 17, 2014)
- "Latino Mix Becomes Hot 105.7 In San Francisco" from All Access (March 17, 2014)
|This article about a radio station in California is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|