Kaba Gandhi No Delo
Kaba Gandhi No Delo (literally "Kaba Gandhi's house"), Rajkot is the place where the Indian leader Mahatma Gandhi stayed during his stay in Rajkot in the early years of his life. It has now been converted into a museum called Gandhi Smriti.
Mahatma Gandhi's father, in the name of Karamchand Gandhi was also known as Kaba Gandhi. The name of the house has been derived from Gandhiji's father's name. In Gujarati, the words Kaba Gandhi No Delo literally means 'Kaba Gandhi's residence'.
Kaba Gandhi No Delo, Gujarat has been built following the old and traditional styles of building houses and monuments.
Kaba Gandhi No Delo, is now a permanent exhibition. The exhibition displays and houses the Gandhi Smriti (not to be confused with Gandhi Smriti in Delhi). Kaba Gandhi No Delo, Rajkot is situated on Ghee Kanta Road at Rajkot. Rajkot was the formerly and initially the capital of the princely state of Saurastra, which is in Gujarat.
It has now been converted into a memorial called "Gandhi Smriti". The museum displays and consists of photographs, objects and the belongings of the great Indian leader and Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi. An Non Government Organization runs classes in sewing and embroidery for young girls within the premises.The place is open for general public Monday through Saturday from 9 am to 12 pm and again in the afternoon from 3pm to 5pm.
- State transport (ST) buses are easily available from other cities of Gujarat. The ST bus stand is 2 km, west of Bedi Gate on the other side of Ranmal Lake. Auto rickshaws are easily available to get around the city. Private buses are also available for Ahmedabad, Baroda, Mumbai, Bhuj, Bhavnagar, Una, Mount Abu and Udaipur.
- Rajkot is well connected with important cities in Gujarat and India by rail. Trains for Delhi, Mumbai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Amritsar, Patna and Bhopal are available from Rajkot. The railway station known commonly as the Rajkot Junction is around 6 km away from the Teen Batti triple gateway.
- Rajkot has a functional domestic airport. Indian Airlines has four flights a week to Mumbai while Jet and Sahara have daily flights.
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
- Kaba Gandhi No Delo, Rajkot
- On the Salt March: the historiography of Gandhi's march to Dandi by Thomas Weber. HarperCollins Publishers India, 1997. ISBN 978-81-7223-263-4.
- Shyam Singh Shashi (1996). Encyclopaedia Indica: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Volume 100. Anmol Publications. ISBN 978-81-7041-859-7.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>