Located roughly in Blackpool's geographical centre in England (United Kingdom) (although some distance from the coastal business district), Layton accounts for a relatively large part of the town's total area. Layton is bounded by the districts of Bispham (to the north), Brunswick (to the west), Grange Park (to the east) and Marton (to the south). Most of the land in this area is flat, apart from a single hill in the northeast corner.
The north of Layton has one of Blackpool's main concentrations of shops and other businesses outside the town centre. In this area, there is also a library and several churches and public houses. Layton also has several small parks and a number of bowling greens. The main fire station for Blackpool is at the south of the district. Layton also has a large park, Kingscote Park which is the second largest park in Blackpool, and the largest park within Layton itself. Layton Cemetery is the largest in the area. Established during the town's Victorian expansion, it has a small Judaic burial area.
Five schools are located within the district:
- St Mary's Catholic Academy
- Blackpool Aspire Academy
- Layton School
- Devonshire Primary Academy, which has been rebuilt after the original building was destroyed by a fire.
- Christ the King RC primary school 
- "Ward population 2011". Retrieved 3 June 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Kingscote Park takes a bite of the Big Apple". Blackpool Council.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Cash boost brings park sports revival". Blackpool Today News.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Devonshire Junior School". Blackpool Council.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.