List of active ships of the Turkish Naval Forces
List of active ships of the Turkish Naval Forces is a list of ships in active service with the Turkish Naval Forces. As of early 2015, the navy operates a wide variety of ships, including; 16 frigates, 8 corvettes, 13 submarines and various other ships.
- TCG Anatolia Amphibious assault ship/Aircraft Carrier (Turkish variant of the Juan Carlos I (L61) class).
- The construction works of twelve MILGEM project warships (8 Ada class corvettes and 4 TF-100 class frigates) are currently ongoing. The first vessel, F-511 TCG Heybeliada, was commissioned in 2011; and the second vessel, F-512 TCG Büyükada, was commissioned in 2013.
- Plans to build a total of four TF-2000 class air-defence frigates with the option for two more.
- İ-class Frigate Project
- The contract for the acquisition of six Type 214 AIP submarines was signed by the Turkish Ministry of Defense on 2 July 2009 and entered into effect on 22 June 2011.
- New LST class.
- New LCT class (will be based on LCM-1E).
- New Type Su Altı Taarruz Boat Project
- Fast Intervention Boat Project.
- Air-cushioned landing craft Project.
- Submarine Rescue Mother Ship.
- Rescue & Towing Ship.
- New Auxiliary Oil Replenishment (AOR) Ship.
- Additional purchases of several S-70B Seahawks.
- Distant Horizon Project (Recognized Maritime Picture).
- Modernization projects for all existing major surface ships.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Naval ships of Turkey.|