|Owned by||Square 1 Management Ltd|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 16:9)|
|Audience share||More Than Movies/Movie Mix:
0.03% (+1) (September 2015 , BARB)
|Formerly called||The Big Deal (2009-2012)|
When launched in 2009, The Big Deal broadcast live interactive quiz show 7 days a week from 22:00-05:00 on Freeview channel 37, then changed to channel 32, timesharing with the RT Network and Create and Craft. Each night, The Big Deal broadcast various games and puzzles, with cash prizes to be won for viewers who guessed the correct answers. Viewers were asked to call in or log on to The Big Deal website to enter these games. Later in the year The Big Deal reduced its timeslot from 22:00-05:00 to 00:30-05:00.
On 6 November 2009, The Big Deal ceased broadcasting its own content. Teleshopping instead commenced broadcasting between 04:00-06:00, later reduced to 05:00-06:00, but in post-DSO areas it was extended to 24 hours which was introduced to pre-DSO areas on 2 March 2011.
On 12 April 2011, The Big Deal began broadcasting TView, a pay-per-view film service, and broadcasting hours were reduced to 18:00-05:00. The service ran until 27 April 2011, when it was replaced by teleshopping, and its hours were reduced to 18:00-22:00. From 7 July 2011, The Big Deal had changed back to its old slot of 05:00-06:00. However, on 6 September 2011 it changed its broadcasting hours to 00:00-04:00. Broadcasting hours were changed again on 20 October 2011 to 03:00-05:00. The channel also broadcast psychic sessions in which the viewer could ask for their own psychic reading.
On 6 December 2012, The Big Deal was renamed Movie Mix, having acquired a 24-hour broadcast slot. The channel continued airing teleshopping, as well as a classic movie each night. On 17 January 2013, Movie Mix began to simulcast the full More Than Movies schedule but retained its own Movie Mix branding. The channel is still owned and operated by Square 1 Management, but is in effect sublet to Sony Pictures Television who supply the channel programming. Licensee name was changed from Square 1 Management Limited to Media Mix (UK) Limited in November 2013
Former Big Deal presenters
- "New Freeview channel offers PPV Bollywood". Biz Asia. 20 April 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Big Deal morphs as Speed Auction TV and Classic Movies arrive on Freeview channel 32". a516digital. 6 December 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Changes to Freeview Channel 32". Radio and Telly. 6 December 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "MovieMix morphs again as channel aligned with More>Movies". a516digital. 17 January 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Television Broadcast Licensing Update December 2012". Ofcom. Retrieved 23 January 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "is the movie mix..." Sony Entertainment Television. Facebook. 17 January 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|This article on a United Kingdom television channel is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|