Nokia Lumia 822
|Compatible networks||CDMA2000 1xEV-DO
LTE Band 13 (700)
|First released||November 15, 2012|
|Predecessor||Nokia Lumia 800|
|Related||Nokia Lumia 810, Nokia Lumia 820|
|Dimensions||127.8 mm (5.03 in) H
68.4 mm (2.69 in) W
11.2 mm (0.44 in) D
|Weight||142 g (5.0 oz)|
|Operating system||Windows Phone 8|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8960|
|CPU||1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 225|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Storage||16 GB internal flash|
|Removable storage||microSD, up to 64 GB|
|Battery||Rechargeable BP-4W 1800mAh Li-ion battery, Qi inductive charging|
|Data inputs||Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, Gyroscope, Magnetometer, 3-axis accelerometer|
|Display||4.3" AMOLED ClearBlack capacitive touchscreen,
800 x 480 pixels at 216.97 ppi,
Gorilla Glass 2
3264 x 2448 pixels, f/2.2,
Short Pulse High Power Dual-LED flash,
autofocus, Carl Zeiss optics,
1080p video capture
|Front camera||1.3-megapixel, 1280 x 960 pixels, 720p video capture|
Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, NFC, microUSB v2.0 , USB On-The-Go GPS with A-GPS & GLONASS
|Other||Talk time: Up to 10.2 hours
Standby time: Up to 486 hours (approx. 20.3 days)
|Website||Nokia Lumia 822|
The Nokia Lumia 822 is a smartphone running Windows Phone 8 announced on 29 October 2012. It is exclusively available for Verizon customers. The device is a variant of Nokia Lumia 820. The Lumia 822 supports Qi standard induction charging and LTE connectivity.
During the Windows Phone 8 announcement on 29 October 2012, Steve Ballmer announced the release of the Lumia 822 alongside various other Windows Phone 8 smartphones, such as the HTC 8X and the Nokia Lumia 920. It is considered to be a carrier based variant of the Nokia Lumia 820, with some specific carrier variants, such as the support for LTE networks. The Nokia Lumia 822 was actually released for sale on November 15, 2012.
On 18 February 2014, the Nokia Lumia 822 received the 'Black' firmware update (revision number 3051.40000.1352.0042), and it receive the 'DENIM' firmware update that introduces Windows 8.1.
Unlike the Lumia 920 and 820, the Lumia 822 has a different body design and shape. It comes in four different colors: Black, White, Gray, and Red (which launched on January 24 to commemorate Valentine's Day).
Processors, storage and memory
There is 16 GB of internal storage, which is also expandable by MicroSD, up to 64 GB.
The Lumia 822 features a Gorilla Glass 2-covered, 4.3-inch display at a WVGA (800×480) resolution. The screen utilises AMOLED display technologies, featuring Nokia's ClearBlack display technology. This adds a polarizing filter in the display to remove reflection of light from the screen to make blacks darker and deeper, improving contrast.
Similar to the Lumia 820, the rear-facing camera features an 8-megapixel sensor with a f/2.2 Carl Zeiss Tessar lens. The rear-facing camera is also capable of shooting 1080p full HD video at 30fps. The front-facing camera has a resolution of 1.2 megapixels, allowing for videos at 720p.
The Lumia 822 supports all of Verizon's CDMA and LTE bands. It also supports various GSM bands for world roaming purposes. It supports NFC, allowing for transfer of small files between phones. Other connectivity includes; Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and Micro USB.
Like its sibling phones, the Lumia 820 and 920, the 822 supports inductive charging through Qi technology. With this, it allows the phone to be placed on either a charging pillow or plate and be charged.
David Eitelbach from Laptopmag wrote: "The Lumia 822 makes a good first impression, but unfortunately the good vibes don't last as long as we'd like."
- Nokia Lumia 822 - Windows Phone 8X by HTC
- Ingraham, Nathan (29 October 2012). "Nokia Lumia 822 officially announced for Verizon Wireless, priced at $99.99 on contract". The Verge. Retrieved 31 October 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Smith, Mat (29 October 2012). "Verizon officially announces Nokia Lumia 822, coming this Fall (update: $100 on two-year contract)". Engadget. Retrieved 31 October 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Segan, Sascha (30 October 2012). "Hands On: Nokia Lumia 822 and Data Sense for Verizon Wireless". PC Magazine. Retrieved 31 October 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Software Update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8". Microsoft.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Williams, Wayne (25 January 2012). "Verizon rolls out a flashy red Nokia Lumia 822 for lovers. And people who just like red". Betanews.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Nokia Lumia 822 Specifications". Nokia US. Retrieved 8 November 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Nokia Lumia 822 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
- Nokia Lumia 822 (Verizon Wireless) Review | Windows Phone 8 Smartphone Reviews