Onil (Valencian: [oˈniɫ], Spanish: [oˈnil]) is a town located in the comarca of L'Alcoià, in the province of Alicante, Spain. It has an area of 48.41 km² and, according to the 2006 census, a total population of 7466 inhabitants and a population density of 154.22 inhab/km². Onil is located next to the mountain called Sierra de Onil in the Sierra de Mariola, 36 km from Alicante city.
The most important monuments in Onil are the Palace-Fortress from the 16th century, which is the headquarters of the town council ; the Catholic church of Santiago Apóstol (from the 18th century) and the Hermitages of San Buenaventura (from the 17th century) and Santa Ana.
The Moros y Cristianos festival of Onil is celebrated each April.
- Web Oficial de Onil, Official Web page of the municipal government of Onil (Spanish)
- Índice Estadístico Municipal de Onil. Unidad de Documentación de la Diputación de Alicante (Spanish)
- Información de Onil (Spanish)
- Fiestas de Onil (Spanish)
- Federación Valenciana de Municipios y Provincias - Guía Turística (Spanish) es:Wikipedia:Autorización de copia de web/Federación Valenciana de Municipios y Provincias
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Onil.|
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|This article about a location in the Valencian Community, Spain, is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|