This article is outdated.(October 2015)
|Founded||2001 (globally registered)
2004 (company founded)
|Founder||Tony Chen (Chen Mingyong, 陈明永)|
|Headquarters||Dongguan, Guangdong, China|
|Tony Chen (CEO)|
|Products||Hi-fi, home theater, Audio-Visual, smartphones|
|Slogan||The Art of Technology|
|Literal meaning||Guangdong Oppo Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.|
OPPO Electronics Corp. is a Chinese electronics manufacturer based in Dongguan, Guangdong province, China. Its major product lines include smartphones, Blu-ray players and other electronic devices. Globally registered in 2001 and founded in 2004, the company has registered the OPPO brand name in many parts of the world.
OPPO Philippines, OPPO Vietnam, OPPO Thailand, OPPO Mora, OPPO India, OPPO ABB in RIL Hazira, OPPO Pakistan, OPPO Bangladesh and OPPO China are the regional divisions of OPPO, each designing products for their own regional needs.
OPPO Digital is an independently operated division of OPPO. Founded in 2004, it is based in Mountain View, California, United States. It is known for its universal upconverting DVD and Blu-ray Disc players. Its first product was the OPPO OPDV971H Up-Converting Universal DVD Player.
The OPPO Find 7 is a phablet with a total of 3GB of RAM and a 2.5 GHz Quad-Core processor. The OPPO Find 7 is also available in another variant called the Find 7a, which has a 1080p screen and 2GB of RAM compared to the Find 7, which sports higher specs. It was announced in 19 March 2014 and was released in April 2014. It is similar in design to the OnePlus One released in April 2014.
In September 2013, OPPO announced the N1. A successor, the OPPO N3, is priced at $649 as of late 2014.
The OPPO R5, to be available in November 2014, was described as the world's thinnest smartphone by OPPO's PR. It is 4.85mm in thickness except for a slight bulge where the camera lens is located. But it is no longer the record holder for the slimmest smartphone as it is now claimed by Vivo X5 Max (4.75mm). The R5 has a 2,000 mAh battery which can be charged up to 75% in 30 minutes using OPPO's own VOOC Flash Charging technology. The R5 uses a SnapDragon 615 octa-core processor, running at 2.1 GHz. OPPO starts first shipping the R5 on February 20, 2015. One of OPPO's older phones, the Finder, previously held the record for the world's thinnest smartphone.
Other smartphones OPPO produced are the U705T Ulike 2, U701 Ulike, R610, R811 Real, R817 Real, R819 / R819T and the T29.
|Finder||Find 5||U705T Ulike 2||U701 Ulike||R610||R811 Real||R817 Real||R819 / R819T||T29||N1||Find 7a||Find 7||R5||N3||R7||R7 Plus||R7 Lite|
|Dimensions||125 × 66 × 6.65 mm||141.8 × 68.8 × 8.8 mm||127 × 63.7 × 9 mm||123 × 64 × 9.7 mm||112.8 × 55.5 × 14.3 mm||115.2 × 61.5 × 10.9 mm||123 × 63 × 9.7 mm||136.5 × 68 × 7.3 mm||131.5 × 67 × 10.5 mm||170.7 × 82.6 × 9 mm||152.6 × 75 × 9.2 mm||152.6 × 75 × 9.2 mm||148.9 x 74.5 x 4.9 mm||161.2 x 77 x 9.9 mm||143 x 71 x 6.3 mm||158 x 82 x 7.75 mm||143 x 71 x 6.3 mm|
|Weight||125 g||165 g||113 g||130 g||102.5 g||119 g||125 g||110 g||160 g||213 g||170 g||171 g||155 g||192 g||147 g||192 g||147 g|
|Display||Super AMOLED Plus||IPS LCD capacitive||TFT capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||TFT capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||TFT capacitive||TFT capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||IPS LCD capacitive||AMOLED||TFT capacitive||AMOLED||AMOLED||AMOLED|
|Internal Storage||16 GB||16/32 GB||16 GB||4 GB||4 GB||4 GB||4 GB||16 GB||4 GB||16/32 GB||16/32 GB||16/32 GB||16 GB||32 GB||16 GB||32 GB||16 GB|
|Memory||1 GB||2 GB||1 GB||512 MB||512 MB||512 MB||1 GB||1 GB||1 GB||2 GB||2 GB||3 GB||2 GB||2 GB||3 GB||3 GB||2 GB|
|Rear Camera||8 MP||13 MP||8 MP||5 MP||3 MP||3 MP||8 MP||8 MP||8 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP||16 MP||13 MP||13 MP||13 MP|
|Front Camera||1.3 MP||1.9 MP||5 MP||2 MP||None||Yes||0.3 MP||1.9 MP||0.3 MP||Same as back, uses rotating module||5 MP||5 MP||5 MP||Same as back, uses rotating module||8 MP||8 MP||8 MP|
|Battery||Li-Ion 1500 mAh||Li-Ion 2500 mAh||Li-Ion 2020 mAh||Li-Ion 1710 mAh||Li-Ion 1100 mAh||Li-Ion 1520 mAh||Li-Ion 1710 mAh||Li-Ion 2000 mAh||Li-Ion 3150 mAh||Li-Ion 3610 mAh VOOC ||Li-Po 2800 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 3000 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 2000 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 3000 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 2320 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 4100 mAh VOOC||Li-Po 2320 mAh|
|Processor||Dual-core 1.5 GHz||Quad-core 1.5 GHz||Quad-core 1 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Quad-core 1.2 GHz||Dual-core 1 GHz||Quad-core 1.7 GHz||Quad-core 2.3 GHz||Quad-core 2.5 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Quad-core 2.3 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz||Octa-core 1.5 GHz|
|OS||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||ColorOS, based on Android 4.2.2||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||4.2.1 Jelly Bean||4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich||ColorOS, based on Android 4.2||ColorOS, based on Android 4.3||ColorOS, based on Android 4.3||ColorOS 2.0, based on Android 4.4||ColorOS 2.0, based on Android 4.4||ColorOS 2.1, based on Android 4.4||ColorOS 2.1, Android 5.1||ColorOS 2.1, Android 5.1|
|Release Date||July 1, 2013||February 2013||December 12, 2012||June 27, 2012||December 2012||December 2012||October 2012||September 2013||October 2012||December 2013||March 2014||May 2014||October 2014||December 2014||May 2015||August 2015||September 2015|
The OPPO Find 5 was released in America in February 2013, the OPPO Find 5 features clean lines, thin rectangular shape, and overall elegant appearance. The OPPO Find 5 features a pixel density of 441 ppi, which puts it in the highest range of the mobile phones with HD display at its release time. In July 2013, a refreshed OPPO Find 5 launched in China. The processor has been changed to Snapdragon 600 instead of the Snapdragon S4 Pro. The Android version has been updated to Android 4.2.2 as well while other specifications remained the same.
On 23 September 2013, OPPO announced the N1, which has a 5.9″ 1080p display (373 ppi), 1.7 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, 3,610mAh battery, 16GB or 32GB of storage, 2GB RAM, and a 13MP camera that can rotate, touch-panel on the back, and option to flash CyanogenMod. It was released in December 2013.
The BDP-93 was released in 2010, featuring 3D compatibility and dual HDMI signal output. This was followed by the BDP-95 whose video performance is identical in all respects with the BDP-93, but with an improved analogue audio output section. The BDP-103 and BDP-105 models were released near the end of 2012, featuring dual HDMI signal input in addition of dual HDMI signal output. The BDP-103D was released in October 2013. This new model is the first Blu-ray player worldwide featuring Darbee Visual Presence technology.
Headphones & Amplifiers
In 2014 OPPO released a number of high end Headphones and Amplifiers. The flagship PM-1 and PM-2 headphones along with the HA-1 desktop amplifier have been heavily promoted in the audio community. One blogger declares the PM-2 is "near to perfect". The company has since released other products.
Also released in 2015 was the HA-2, a portable version of the HA-1 amp/DAC which features a battery pack option as well as a stitched leather casing. The phone plays music in real-time to the HA-2 (via included Android or iOS micro USB cable, or USB cable if from PC). It also can be charged using an included "rapid charger" charging kit. Its battery pack feature can be used simultaneously while the HA-2 is used to play music if the playing (source) device is an Apple iOS device, though for those using an Android or Windows phone, it's only either/or.
Since OPPO entered the smartphone market, it has provided different innovations in competition with rival brands, breaking records within the industry.
- Finder (The Finder was OPPO's thinnest smartphone at that time)
- Find 5 (The Find 5 was OPPO's first Full 1080P HD Smartphone)
- N1 (The OPPO N1 was reportedly the world's first smartphone with a rotating camera)
- R5 (The OPPO R5 was OPPO's thinnest smartphone produced after the Finder)
- N3 (The OPPO N3 continued the tradition of the N1's motorized camera)
- Find 7 (The OPPO Find 7 is the first phone can make 50MP photos)
- R7 series (Including R7, R7 plus, R7s, R7 plus Barcelona Edition, R7 Lite)
- VOOC Flash Charging (OPPO's own brand of rapid-charging technology)
- PI (OPPO's own image processing software)
Popular Korean boy band 2PM prepared a song known as "Follow Your Soul" in a promotional deal with OPPO for launching its brand in Thailand in 2010. In June 2015, the company signed an agreement with FC Barcelona to become an official partner of the Spanish football club.
- Company Profile (in Chinese)
- California Secretary of State – California Business Search – Corporation Search Results
- "www.hometheaterhifi.com". www.hometheaterhifi.com. Retrieved 2010-01-18.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "The Journey of OPPO (Video)". OPPO. Retrieved 30 October 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "About Us". OPPO. Retrieved 30 October 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Oppo Find 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 3: Spec by Spec Phablet Comparison". Techmunchie. Retrieved 24 March 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Oppo N3 and R5 hands-on: First look". GSMArena. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Oppo N3 and R5 hands-on: First look". GSMArena. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
OPPO pitched it as the world's slimmest smartphone<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Meet Vivo X5 Max - the world's slimmest smartphone at 4.75mm". Infotrix.
Vivo X5 Max - the world's slimmest smartphone at 4.75mm dethroning Oppo R5<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Oppo N3 and R5 hands-on: First look". GSMArena. 27 October 2014. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
Luckily, the battery supports rapid charging and will charge up to 75% from 0 for just 30 minutes once hooked up on the new smaller OPPO Flash Charger (bundled in the package).<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Stunning Oppo R5 Announced As The World's Thinnest Smartphone". Forbes. Retrieved 1 November 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Oppo R5 Ready For Pre Order In UK". Android News. Retrieved 7 February 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Xiang, Liu (4 July 2013). "Refreshed Oppo Find 5 Upgraded To Snapdragon 600 And Android 4.2 Jelly Bean". GSM Insider. Retrieved 4 July 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Home Theater Magazine review of the OPPO BDP-83 Universal Blu-ray Disc player
- Home Theater Forum review of the OPPO BDP-83 Universal Blu-ray Disc player
- Buyblurayplayer.com review of the Oppo BDP-83 Universal Blu-ray Disc player
- "Stereophile: Music in the Round #37". www.stereophile.com. Retrieved 2010-01-18.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- General information about OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray Disc player
- "Oppo PM-2 Headphone Review". www.AudiophileON.com. Retrieved 28 May 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Oppo unveils Chinese actress Mini Yang M as brand ambassador". GSM INSIDER. Retrieved 2015-04-17.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>