Putney railway station
Location of Putney in Greater London
|Local authority||London Borough of Wandsworth|
|Managed by||South West Trains|
|Number of platforms||4|
|Fare zone||2 and 3|
|OSI||East Putney |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portal
UK Railways portalLua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
Putney railway station is in Putney in the London Borough of Wandsworth, in south London, and is on the boundary of Travelcard Zone 2 and Zone 3. The station and all trains serving it are operated by South West Trains. It has four platforms and is about half a kilometre from East Putney tube station. Ticket barriers are in operation.
The station opened when the Nine Elms to Richmond line came into service on 27 July 1846 and was rebuilt in 1885-6 when the tracks were quadrupled.
The typical off-peak service at the station in trains per hour is:
- 10 to London Waterloo
- 2 to Weybridge, calling at all stations via Hounslow.
- 2 fast to Windsor & Eton Riverside, calling at Richmond, Twickenham, Whitton, Feltham and all other stations.
- 2 taking the Kingston Loop Line via Richmond to return circuitously to Waterloo
- 2 in each direction round the Hounslow Loop Line to return circuitously to Waterloo
On Sundays the London Waterloo to Reading trains also call at the station.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (XLS). Transport for London. May 2011. Archived from the original on 20 October 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles> Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Mitchell, Vic; Smith, Keith (1988). Waterloo to Windsor. Middleton Press. p. 39. ISBN 0-906520-54-1.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Putney railway station.|
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Wandsworth Town||South West Trains
Hounslow and Kingston Loops
|Clapham Junction||South West Trains
Waterloo to Windsor
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|