Roman Catholic Diocese of Biloxi
|Diocese of Biloxi
Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Biloxi
|Territory||Southern Mississippi (17 counties)|
|Ecclesiastical province||Province of Mobile|
|Area||24,992 km2 (9,649 sq mi)|
|(as of 2012)
|Established||March 1, 1977|
|Cathedral||Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary|
|Patron saint||St. Joseph the Worker
St. Martin de Porres
|Bishop||Bishop Roger Morin|
|Metropolitan Archbishop||Archbishop Thomas J. Rodi|
|Emeritus Bishops||Bishop Joseph Howze|
|File:Diocese of Biloxi.jpg|
The Roman Catholic Diocese of Biloxi encompasses 17 counties in south Mississippi. It was erected on March 1, 1977, when it was split from the Roman Catholic Diocese of Jackson. The diocese is part of the ecclesiastical province of Mobile.
The Cathedral of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, in Biloxi, Mississippi, is the diocese's cathedral.
The list of bishops of the Diocese of Biloxi and their years of service:
- Joseph Lawson Howze (1977-2001), Retired
- Thomas John Rodi (2001-2008), Appointed Archbishop of Mobile, Alabama
- Roger Morin (2009-Present)
- Our Lady Academy, Bay St. Louis
- Resurrection High School, Pascagoula
- Sacred Heart High School, Hattiesburg
- St. Patrick Catholic High School, Biloxi
- Saint Stanislaus College, Bay St. Louis
- * Closed in 2007 and replaced by St. Patrick Catholic High School.
- Catholic Church by country
- Catholic Church hierarchy
- List of the Catholic dioceses of the United States
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|This article on a Roman Catholic diocese in the United States is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|