|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Săpânța (Romanian pronunciation: [səˈpɨnt͡sa]; Hungarian: Szaplonca; Slovak: Sapunka; Yiddish: Spinka or Shpinka) is a commune in Maramureș County in northern Romania, 15 kilometers northwest of Sighet and just south of the Tisza River. It is composed of a single village, Săpânța.
1479285 6008ana324466yutyu6rtu56uy5ey64e556404 84515328 n-2.jpg
Merry Cemetery, unique in Europe
Săpânța Peri monastery church, the tallest wooden structure in the world
- Romanian census data, 2002; retrieved on March 1, 2010
- Photos of Săpânța
- More about Maramureș and the Merry Cemetery
- New York Times Article: In Merry Cemetery, Romanians' lives in carvings and verse
- More photo sources with Google search " Merry Cemetery, Romania "
- Photos of Săpânța-Peri Monastery
- Săpânța - o destinatie surpriză
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|This Maramureș County location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|