|Launched||12 January 2015|
|Owned by||STV Group plc|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||STV City:[Note 1]
0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)
(for viewers in West)
|Virgin Media||Channel 159|
STV were awarded local TV licences in January 2013 to operate two digital television channels, under the working titles of GTV and ETV, in Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively, for up to 12 years.
Three other bids were made for the licence by Edinburgh News Network, Made in Edinburgh and Metro8 Edinburgh.
STV Edinburgh launched at 7pm on Monday 12 January 2015, originally airing every day from midday until around midnight. Its sister station, STV Glasgow, began broadcasting on Monday 2 June 2014.
The channel soon extended its hours in March 2015. The two city channels now share the majority of programming, with most STV Edinburgh productions also broadcast on its sister station in Glasgow.
STV Edinburgh airs a locally focused schedule of new, archived and imported programming, including a daily magazine show, an expanded STV News service, features, former STV programmes, documentaries and drama.
STV News airs an in-depth News at Ten from the capital each weeknight, alongside short bulletins throughout the day, a simulcast of STV News at Six and a pan-regional News at Eight, which also airs on STV Glasgow. The main non-news productions from the Edinburgh studios are the nightly magazine show, The Late Show and coverage of the Edinburgh Festival.
STV Edinburgh also airs archived drama series including Taggart, Take the High Road and Rebus alongside the acclaimed Polish World War II drama Czas honoru (Days of Honour) and the comedy drama series High Times. The station has pledged to broadcast at least an hour a week of non-English language programming.
- Audience data for STV's local channels in Edinburgh and Glasgow are measured and reported together, as "STV City".
- Tulloch, Pamela (5 January 2015). "STV Edinburgh launches with The Fountainbridge Show on January 12". STV. Retrieved 5 January 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "New channel STV Edinburgh launches with The Fountainbridge Show". STV News. 12 January 2015. Retrieved 12 January 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Ofcom awards local TV licences in Scotland". Ofcom. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "STV awarded local television licences for Glasgow and Edinburgh". STV. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh launch new chat show 'The Late Show', stv.tv, 28 December 2015