|Launched||2 June 2014|
|Owned by||STV Group plc|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)|
|Audience share||STV City:[Note 1]
0.01% (September 2015 , BARB)
|Slogan||"Glasgow's on the box"|
|Headquarters||Pacific Quay, Glasgow|
|Virgin Media||Channel 159|
|STV Player||Watch live|
(STV regions only)
STV were awarded local TV licences in January 2013 to operate two digital television channels, under the working titles of GTV and ETV, in Glasgow and Edinburgh respectively, for up to 12 years. Three other bids were made for the licence by Glasgow TV, Made in Glasgow and Metro8 Glasgow.
The channel extended its hours in March 2015, along with sister channel STV Edinburgh. The two city channels now share the majority of programming, with most STV Glasgow productions also broadcast on its sister station.
STV Glasgow airs a locally focused schedule of new, archived and imported programming, including daily magazine shows, an expanded STV News service, features, former STV programmes, documentaries and drama.
STV News airs an in-depth News at Ten each weeknight, alongside short bulletins throughout the day, a simulcast of STV News at Six and a pan-regional News at Eight, which also airs on STV Edinburgh.
Key non-news productions from the Glasgow studios include the early evening show, Live at Five, sports chat show Peter and Roughie's Football Show, interview series My Life in Ten Pictures and entertainment show Grass Roots Music.
STV Glasgow also airs archived drama series including Taggart, Take the High Road and Rebus alongside the acclaimed Polish World War II drama Czas honoru (Days of Honour) and the comedy drama series High Times. The station aims to broadcast at least an hour a week of non-English language programming.
- Audience data for STV's local channels in Edinburgh and Glasgow are measured and reported together, as "STV City".
- "Local TV on satellite". a516digital. 12 October 2014. Retrieved 5 January 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Ofcom awards local TV licences in Scotland". Ofcom. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "STV awarded local television licences for Glasgow and Edinburgh". STV. 11 January 2013. Retrieved 29 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "STV announces Glasgow local TV launch date". a516digital. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 29 April 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- STV Glasgow confirms schedule for new channel, stv.tv, 8 May 2014
- STV Glasgow and STV Edinburgh announce new weeknight show Live at Five, stv.tv, 26 December 2015
- Peter and Roughie want you to join them in the boot room on STV Glasgow, stv.tv, 29 May 2014
- In My Opinion: Paul Hughes: Looking ahead to the launch of STV Glasgow, allmediascotland, 30 May 2014