The Sakonnet River is a tidal strait, in the U.S. state of Rhode Island. It flows approximately 23 km (14 mi) between Mount Hope Bay and Rhode Island Sound. It separates Aquidneck Island from the eastern portion of Newport County.
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (May 2015)
Below is a list of all crossings over the Sakonnet River. The list begins at the headwaters and goes downstream.
- Sakonnet River rail bridge (formerly Old Colony and Newport Railway), removed.
- Old Sakonnet River Bridge (RI 24/138)
- Replacement Sakonnet River Bridge; opened September 2012.
- Stone Bridge (Formerly RI 138, destroyed by Hurricane Carol in 1954)
- Quaket River
- Sapowet Creek
- Almy Brook
- Little Creek
- Maps from the United States Geological Survey
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|This Rhode Island–related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|