Socialism in Australia
From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Socialism in Australia dates back to the earliest pioneers of the area.
Socialism in Australia in the cold war 1947-1991
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2015)
2000s to contemporary times
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)
The timeline of the parties
- 1901 Australian Labor Party is formed.
- 1920 Communist Party of Australia is formed. in 1991 it was Dissolved.
- 1964 Communist Party of Australia (Marxist–Leninist) is formed due to a split within the Communist Party of Australia which occurred largely as a result of the Sino-Soviet split.
- 1982 Freedom Socialist Party is formed.
- 1985 Socialist Party (Australia) is formed.
- 1995 Socialist Alternative (Australia) is formed.
- 1996 Communist Party of Australia (current) is formed to succeed Communist Party of Australia that was Dissolved in 1991.
- 2001 Socialist Alliance (Australia) is formed.
- 2010 Socialist Equality Party (Australia) is formed.
- 2010 Democratic Socialist Perspective (DSP) (merged into Socialist Alliance on 2 January 2010)
- 2013 Revolutionary Socialist Party (RSP) - (merged into Socialist Alternative on March 2013)
- 2014 Resistance (merged into Socialist Alliance on 19 February 2014)