The neutrality of this article is disputed. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Sister channel(s)||TV9 Kannada
Jai Telangana TV
TV9(టీవీ9) is an Indian Cable and Satellite Television news network that is owned by Associated Broadcasting Company Private Limited (ABCL).TV9 News channel was founded in 2004 by Ravi Prakash. Upon its launch TV9 was the first television channel to provide 24-hour news coverage in Telugu Language in India.TV9 became popular with the Telugu audience for its bold and unbiased presentation of news to the people.Its tagline (For a Better Society)is an instant connect with the people. It has over 50 million viewers all over India.
ABCL was founded as a Private Media group, by an eminent Journalist Ravi Prakash  in 2003. He was the CEO of ABCL, leading a group of like minded young journalists. The first channel that was broadcast by the company was TV9, in 2004. It was a 24 hours news channel in Telugu regional language. Following its success in Andhra Pradesh, TV9 expanded its network. Over the years, few more affiliates to TV9 in different regional languages like Kannada, Marathi, and Gujarati have been setup. Then onwards TV9 is referred to as TV9 telugu (Telugu: టీవీ9). All these channels are broadcast from ABCL's Head Office in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
Products and Services
ABCL is into filmed entertainment, cable network programming, internet services, operating direct broadcast satellite television, providing content for television, in India, United States of America and Africa. In USA it is associated with Dish Network. In Africa it is Simba Televisionnetwork.
TV9 has been famous for organizing various programs, both on and off screen for enhancing the life standards of the public. One among them is extending a helping hand for flood victims in Kurnool District of Andhra Pradesh. In 2004, TV9 ran a series of programs to bring the plight of people in Nalgonda and Mahabubnagar districts to light, who are suffering from flourosis because of presence of high fluoride in the ground water which they used for drinking. TV9 raised funds for the operations of children who had Congenital Heart disease through their "Saving Little Hearts campaign" a mass awareness program about Congenital Heart disease in children. TV9 management has installed a huge eco-friendly clay Ganesha idol at Hyderabad to bring environmental awareness among public.
The majority of the government schools across Andhra Pradesh have been lacking in basic facilities like proper buildings, black boards, benches, tables and even books. Most of them have been functioning without electricity, drinking water or drainage facilities. TV9’s seminar on the Right to Literacy in 2006 demanded better conditions in schools.
- Prestigious Airtel INB award was presented to TV9 CEO Ravi Prakash in 2009.
- TV9 CEO Mr.Ravi Prakash received Malaysian Legendary Award from Malaysian Prime Minister Mr. Najib Razak in 2010.
- TV9 Output Editor Mr.Chandramouli received Delhi Telugu Academy Ugadi Puraskar from the then Union Minister Mr.Kapil Sibal.
- Tata Docomo Media Award was presented to TV9 CEO Mr.Ravi Prakash by the then Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Sri.Konijeti Rosaiah in 2010 
- "'Founder'".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "'Simba TV'".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "'Simba Television Network'".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>,
- "I dream to see TV9 as the news headquarters of India". The Sunday Indian. 2011-08-01. Retrieved 2012-03-21.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "'Green Ganesh' campaign by TV9". The Hindu. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2012-03-21.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "'Right to Literacy'".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "'Awards'".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>