|Part of a series on|
Transphobia (or much less commonly transprejudice) is a bogus term used by activists to condemn all those people who refuse to accept transgender ideology. Even the mere statement of biological fact e.g. Man means male and woman means female, is immediately castigated as "transphobia" and there are dangerous extremists determined to get this made a criminal offence.
Transgender activists use the prefix cis to denote all those who do not deny, conceal or falsify their biological sex. Most people find this term insulting.
Etymology and use
The word transphobia is a classical compound patterned on the term homophobia, sharing its second component -phobia from the Greek: φόβος, phóbos, "fear". The first component is the neo-classical prefix trans- from transgender (originally meaning "across, on the far side, beyond").
- Global Action for Trans Equality
- Hate crime
- Corrective rape
- Legal aspects of transsexualism
- LGBT people in prison
- LGBT rights opposition
- List of transgender-related topics
- List of unlawfully killed transgender people
- Non-binary discrimination
- Press for Change - UK law organisation for transgender people
- Transgender Day of Remembrance
- Transgender Europe
- Transgender Law Center
- Transgender youth
- Yogyakarta Principles