Universidade Nova de Lisboa
|Universidade Nova de Lisboa|
|Motto||Omnis Civitas Contra Se Divisa Non Stabit|
Motto in English
|All the city divided against itself will not remain|
|Students||over 19,000 (2014)|
|Campus||Main campus in Campolide, Lisbon and Caparica, Almada. Other smaller facilities in the region of Lisbon.|
|Colours||Green and White|
Universidade Nova de Lisboa (pronounced: [univɨsiˈdad(ɨ) ˈnɔvɐ dɨ liʒˈboɐ]) or NOVA is a Portuguese university in Lisbon. Founded in 1973, it is the youngest of the public universities in the Portuguese capital city, earning its name as the 'New University of Lisbon'.
The 100 Under 50 Rankings 2015 placed NOVA as the 89th best under 50 years old university in the world.
The Nova School of Business and Economics which has expanded and internationalized itself as a global business school, is the only business school in Portugal to have achieved Eduniversal's 5 palmes distinction. It was also classified as #28th in Europe by the Financial Times in 2015. Nova was also highlighted for 100% of its professors having a PhD and its gender and international diversity, with 40% women in the faculty and 29% professors of a foreign nationality.
Nova SBE's Masters of Finance is the #19th best in the world by the Financial Times, the Masters in Economics the 5th best in the world by Eduniversal rankings, and the 31st best Masters in Management in the world by the Financial Times.
Universidade Nova de Lisboa was founded in 1973 and is the youngest public University in Lisbon metropolitan area, with teaching units in Lisbon, Almada, Oeiras, and soon in Cascais.
It was founded as a response to ever-increasing demand for higher education in Portugal and in Lisbon in particular. While its early years focussed on graduate and specialist programs, Nova started expanding its teaching and research from 1977 onwards.
NOVA is divided into nine academic units, which enjoy a great deal of autonomy. These are the following.
- Sciences and technology: FCT NOVA - Faculty of Science and Technology
- Social Sciences and Humanities: FCSH - Faculty of Social and Human Sciences
- Economics and Management: NOVA SBE - Nova School of Business and Economics
- Medical sciences: NMS|FCM - NOVA Medical School
- Law: FD - Faculty of Law
- Statistics and information management: NOVA IMS - NOVA Information Management School
- Chemical and biological technology: ITQB - António Xavier Institute of Chemical and Biological Technology
- Hygiene and tropical medicine: IHMT - Institute of Tropical Hygiene and Medicine
- Public health: ENSP - National School of Public Health
The Lisbon MBA
The Lisbon MBA is a partnership between Universidade Catolica Portuguesa and NOVA. The partnership includes a full-time 1-year MBA, in partnership with MIT Sloan School of Management and a Part Time MBA. The two Universities that offer this MBA program hold the triple crown accreditation namely AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB.
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa
- Courses Guide
- A degree of influence - The financial Times
- School for austerity - Le monde diplomatique
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa - Topuniversities
- "Nova SBE ranked #28 by the FT - Nova School of Business and Economics". www.novasbe.unl.pt. Retrieved 2015-12-20.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.