University of Tuzla
|Univerzitet u Tuzli|
|Latin: Uneversitas Studiorum Tuzlaensis|
|Established||18 November 1976|
|Rector||Prof. dr. Enver Halilović|
1,500 post graduate
|Location||Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Affiliations||European University Association|
|Website||University of Tuzla(Bosnian) (English)|
University of Tuzla (Bosnian: Univerzitet u Tuzli) is a public university located in the city of Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina. The university was founded in 1958. It became a proper university in 1976, and today is one of the major institutions of higher learning in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
A college of mining was established in 1958 and Faculty of Chemical Engineering in 1959 as a first faculty outside University of Sarajevo, at which time the university had 159 students. The Mining School developed into a Faculty of Mining in 1960. From there more faculties were added and enrollment increased, until an independent institution of higher education was created in 1976.
In the 2000s, the Basketball club UKK Student which competes in A1 League (2nd Tier on Pyramid) originated from the university.
Faculties and Schools
- Medical School (four year study)
- Business School
- Academy of Drama
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Education and Rehabilitation
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology
- Faculty of Mining, Geology and Civil Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine (six year study)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sport
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.