Variety Television Network
|File:Variety channel 2008.png|
|Type||Local and classic TV|
|Branding||The Variety Channel|
|Availability||OTA digital television|
Variety Television Network (VTV) (also referred to as the Variety Channel) was a digital subchannel operated by Newport Television (formerly Clear Channel Communications's broadcast television station division) on various US DTV stations; each station broadcast a similar programming schedule except for some local programming. The network broadcast classic TV show re-runs, auto showcase programming and various home improvement programs. The network went off the air in early January 2009.
Program offerings included A Place in the Sun, American Latino, The Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, Bonanza, Dragnet, FreeRide, Latination, The Lone Ranger, The Lucy Show, One Step Beyond and Sherlock Holmes.
VTV was broadcast on Newport-owned stations in the following communities:
- WXXA-DT (23.2) Albany, New York
- KGPE-DT (47.2) Fresno, California
- WAWS-DT (30.2) Jacksonville, Florida (also carries MyNetworkTV programming)
- KASN-DT (38.2) Little Rock, Arkansas
- WLMT-DT (30.2) Memphis, Tennessee
- WSYR-DT (9.2) Syracuse, New York
- KMYT-DT (41.2) Tulsa, Oklahoma
|This article about a television station in the United States is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|