Waterways in the United Kingdom
- Waterway, water power, navigable, navigable aqueduct, navigable river, navigable waters, navigability, Waterway society, List of waterway societies in the United Kingdom
- Navigation authority, British Waterways (Waterscape), List of navigation authorities in the United Kingdom
- River, River delta, Flood plain, sluice, List of rivers, Distributary, Tributary, river engineering, weir
- Structures: Aqueduct, Boat lift, Bridge, Caisson (water transport), Canal tunnel, Canal viaduct, Guillotine lock, Inclined plane, Lock, Mitre gate, Towpath, Tunnel, weigh lock
Rivers in the United Kingdom
Major navigable rivers include the Humber, Mersey, Yorkshire Ouse, Severn, Thames and Trent. Some minor navigable rivers may be classified as canals. Others include the Warwickshire Avon, the Bristol Avon.
Canals in the United Kingdom
Likewise, see Canals of Ireland, which covers both Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
- List of waterway societies in the United Kingdom
- List of navigation authorities in the United Kingdom
- History of the British canal system
- World Canals Conference
- Falkirk Helix
- Geography of the United Kingdom