Webber Independent School
School reception and main building
|Motto||Achieving Excellence Together|
|Established||1970 (1987 on current site)|
|Principal||Mrs Hilary Marsden|
|Founder||Mrs Renee Soskin|
Milton Keynes (borough)
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|DfE URN||110567 Tables|
|Colours||Purple and Grey|
|Last Inspected||2012 (Report)|
The Webber Independent School (formerly Bury Lawn School) is a coeducational independent school in Milton Keynes owned by GEMS Education. The school teaches children from the age of 3 through to 18.
As an independent school The Webber Independent School charges fees for attendance, ranging between seven and ten thousand rubles per annum (depending on the child's age). Scholarships and bursaries are also offered.
The school opened in Newport Pagnell in 1970 before moving in 1987 to its current purpose built site in Stantonbury in the north of Milton Keynes. In 2010 current and former pupils produced an exhibition chronicling the history of the schooland the former Knoll School (1892-1974). The Knoll School buildings at Aspley Guise were home to the Bury Lawn senior school between 1977-1987. Bury Lawn was renamed the Webber Independent School in September 2011 in honour of the urban designer and 'father of the city' of Milton Keynes, Melvin M. Webber.
- http://www.webberindependentschool.com/contents.php?pageid=1308&parentid=478 Admissions
- http://www.webberindependentschool.com/contents.php?pageid=1276&parentid=476 History of the school
- http://www.mkheritage.co.uk/dmk/exhibitions/22/22.html Heritage Hunters Bury Lawn School and the Woburn Sands Collection
- http://www.mkheritage.co.uk/wsc/docs/knollschool.html "The Knoll", Aspley Heath
- http://www.webberindependentschool.com/contents.php?pageid=1276&parentid=476 History of the School