|File:Wistron Corporation logo.gif|
|Traded as||TWSE: 3231|
|Founded||30 May 2001|
Number of employees
Wistron Corporation (Chinese: 緯創資通股份有限公司; pinyin: Wěichuàng Zītōng Gǔfèn Yǒuxiàn Gōngsī) is a major original design manufacturer in Taiwan. It was the manufacturing arm of Acer Inc. before being spun off in 2000.
Wistron employs over 60,000 people worldwide. As an ODM (original design manufacturer) Wistron designs and manufactures products for other companies to sell under their own brand name. Wistron focuses on ICT (information and communication technology) products, including notebook PCs, desktop PCs, servers, storage, LCD TVs, and handheld devices. Wistron provides a variety of technology services within the design, manufacturing, and after-sales service functions tailored to meet customers' specific requirements. 
In July 2011, Wistron and Microsoft entered into an agreement that offered coverage under Microsoft's exclusive rights portfolio for Wistron products including tablets, mobile phones and other devices running the Chrome OS or Android platform. In September 2011, Wistron signed a patent licensing agreement with Intellectual Ventures.
- Google Finance
- "Wistron – Global Operations". Wistron. Retrieved 24 August 2009.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[dead link]
- "Microsoft and Wistron Sign Patent Agreement: Agreement will cover Wistron's Android tablets, smartphones and e-readers". microsoft.com. 2011. Retrieved 9 August 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Wistron Corporation and Intellectual Ventures Sign License Agreement". prnewswire.com. 2011. Retrieved 23 September 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- No URL found. Please specify a URL here or add one to Wikidata.
- Wistron Global Operations
- Wistron expected to ship seven million notebooks in 3Q09
|This article about a Taiwanese corporation or company is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|