13th Belarusian Supreme Council
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Supreme Council of the Republic of Belarus of the 13th convocation was the Belarusian parliament, which was elected in 1995. It is considered the last democratically elected Parliament of Belarus. Parliament began work on January 9, 1996. The powers of the Supreme Council of the 13th convocation were discontinued on November 27, 1996, after the President of Belarus Alexander Lukashenko signed the Law "On termination of powers of the Republic of Belarus of the 13th convocation of the Supreme Council".
Elections to the Supreme Council of the Republic of Belarus of the 13th convocation were held on May 14, 1995 together with the republican referendum in Belarus in 1995. The second round of elections was held on May 28, 1995. The elections were held in accordance with the new law, adopted in November 1994. Since this year political parties can nominate candidates if they had the primary organization in the appropriate districts.
- Палітычная гісторыя незалежнай Беларусі / Пад рэд. Валера Булгакава. Вільня, Інстытут Беларусістыкі. — 2006. — 744 с. (Belarusian)
- 10 гадоў таму адбылося першае паседжаньне Вярхоўнага Савету 13 скліканьня // Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, 09 студзеня 2006 г. (Belarusian)
- ЗАКОН РЕСПУБЛИКИ БЕЛАРУСЬ 27 ноября 1996 г. № 821-XIII «О прекращении полномочий Верховного Совета Республики Беларусь тринадцатого созыва»(Russian)
- Прекращены полномочия Верховного Совета 13-го созыва // Naviny.by. Белорусские новости, 29 лістапада 1996 г.(Russian)
- КАМПАНИЯ ПРОШЛА ПОД ЗНАКОМ КОНФРОНТАЦИИ ВЕТВЕЙ ВЛАСТИ // Naviny.by. Белорусские новости, 14 траўня 1995 г. (Russian)
|This Belarus-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|