Alexander Nikolayevich Zelin
Александр Николаевич Зелин
May 6, 1953 |
Perevalsk, Ukrainian SSR
|Allegiance|| Soviet Union
|Years of service||1976 — 2012|
|Commands held||Russian Air Force|
|Awards||Order of St. George , Order of Merit|
Alexander Nikolayevich Zelin (Russian: Александр Николаевич Зелин; born 6 May 1953) served as Commander-in-Chief of the Russian Air Force from 9 May 2007 until 27 April 2012. Zelin holds the Air Force rank of colonel-general. Since May 2012 Zelin has been an adviser to the Russian Defence Minister.
Alexander Zelin was born on 6 May 1953, in Perevalsk, Voroshilovgrad region (now Luhansk Oblast in eastern Ukraine). He graduated from Kharkov Higher Aviation School of Pilots in 1976, Gagarin Air Force Academy in 1988, and General Staff Academy in 1997.
From August 2002 to May 2007 he served as Chief of aviation – Air Force Deputy Commander-in-Chief for aviation.
Honours and awards
- Honoured Military Pilot of the Russian Federation
- Order of St. George, 2nd class
- Order of Merit for the Fatherland, 4th class
- Order of Military Merit
- Medal For Strengthening Military Cooperation (Min Def)
- Medal "200 Years of the Ministry of Defence" (Min Def)
- Medal "For Distinguished Military Service" 1st Class
- Order of the Red Star
- Jubilee Medal "60 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- Jubilee Medal "70 Years of the Armed Forces of the USSR"
- Medals "For Impeccable Service" 2nd and 3rd classes
- Usa, Ibp; Publications, USA International Business (2007-02-07). Russia Air Force Handbook. Int'l Business Publications. pp. 229–. ISBN 9781433041150. Retrieved 7 May 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Ex-Air Force Commander to Become Adviser to Defense Minister
- http://www.armstass.su/?page=article&aid=106155&cid=25 (Russian)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Alexander Zelin.|
|Commander-in-chief of the Russian Air Force
9 May 2007 - 27 April 2012
|This biographical article related to the Russian military is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|