Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering
|Фізико-технічний інститут низьких температур імені Б. І. Вєркіна НАН України|
|Director||Gnatchenko Sergey Leonidovich|
|47 Lenin Ave., Kharkov 61103 , UKRAINE|
The B Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering was founded in 1960 by professors Boris Ieremievich Verkin, Alexander Galkin, BN Eselson and Igor Dimitrenko. The first director was Boris Ieremievich Verkin. The Institute conducts basic research in experimental and theoretical physics, mathematics, as well as in the field of applied physics. Main areas of research: high-temperature superconductivity, weak superconductivity, magneto antiferromagnets, physics of low-dimensional systems, point-contact spectroscopy, quantum crystals, nonlinear phenomena in metals, physics of disordered systems, quantum phenomena in plasticity and others. The Institute has published about 250 monographs, textbooks, reference books, more than 12,000 articles and reviews in ranking scientific journals, and has trained more than 850 highly qualified experts — PhDs.
May 13, 1960 the President of the USSR Academy of Sciences issued a Decision to establish the Kharkov Physics and-Technical Institute for Low Temperatures, Academy of Sciences of the Ukrainian SSR. The institute was created by 9 laboratories involved in different areas of low temperature physics. Four Math departments were also established. In 1987 they were organized into the ILTPE Mathematics Department. In 1991 ILTPE was named after its founder — Academician B. Verkin.
Directors of the Institute
- Boris Verkin Ieremievich - 1960 to 1988. Honorary Director of the Institute from 1988 to 1990.
- Zviagin Anatoly Illarionovich - 1988-1991.
- Victor V. Eremenko - 1991-2006.
- Gnatchenko Sergey Leonidovich — Director of the Institute since 2006.
Structure of the Institute
- Department of Magnetism
- Department of Optical and Magnetic Properties of Solids
- Department of Magnetic and Elastic Properties of Solids
- Department of Transport Properties of Conducting and Superconducting Systems.
- Department of Physics of Real Crystals
- Department of Thermal Properties of Molecular Crystals
- Department of Low-Temperature Structure Studies of Solids
- Department of Physics of Quantum Fluids and Crystals
- Department of Spectroscopy of Molecular Cryogenic Systems
- Department of Superconducting and Mesoscopic Structures
- Department of Molecular Biophysics
- Department of Point-Contact Spectroscopy
- Department of Theoretical Physics
- Department of Mathematical Physics
- Department of Differential Equations and Geometry
- Department of Statistical Methods in Mathematical Physics
- Department of Function Theory
Scientific & Technical departments
- Department of Information Systems
- Department of the low-temperature and (космического материаловедения — space materials?)
ILTPE publishes two scientific journals included on a list of leading peer-reviewed scientific journals and publications:
- "Low Temperature Physics" - published since January 1975 in Russian, as well as the American Institute of Physics in English under the title «Low Temperature Physics» 1997. Published monthly. The magazine has the highest impact factor of scientific journals in the Ukraine.
- "Journal of Mathematical Physics, Analysis, Geometry" - published since 2005. Published quarterly.
- Igor Terekhov (May 25, 2010). "ФТИНТ — Pearl Kharkov". Archived from the original on 2012-04-30. Retrieved 2011-10-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Physics and mathematics. Scientific papers and journals
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.