Academia is a general term for the whole of higher education and academic research. The word comes from the Greek referring to the larger body of knowledge, its development and transmission across generations. In the 17th century, English and French religious scholars popularized the term to describe certain types of institutions of higher learning.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Academia.|
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Academics (5 C, 8 P, 1 F)
- ► Academic culture (3 C, 18 P)
- ► Academic institutions (14 C, 13 P)
- ► Academic organizations (2 C, 21 P)
- ► Professorships (2 C, 2 P)
Pages in category "Academia"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.