This category groups together articles regarding the nine institutions generally categorized as "Colonial Colleges" in the United States of America. These nine universities were founded and chartered as institutions of higher education before the American colonies' independence from the Great Britain in 1776 and the ensuing Revolutionary War (1775-1783). This category does not include other institutions that—while their founding may date from before the Revolution—were not chartered as colleges or permitted to grant degrees before 1776.
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Brown University (2 C, 28 P, 1 F)
- ► Columbia University (2 C, 84 P)
- ► Dartmouth College (4 C, 12 P)
- ► Harvard University (1 C, 169 P, 7 F)
- ► Rutgers University (2 C, 57 P, 1 F)
- ► Yale University (3 C, 92 P, 3 F)
Pages in category "Colonial Colleges"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.