Chris Morris (cricketer)
|Full name||Christopher Henry Morris|
|Born||30 April 1987 (29)
Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa,
|Batting style||Right handed|
|Bowling style||Right arm Fast|
|Relations||Willie Morris (father)|
|Test debut (cap 324th)||2nd January 2016 v England|
|Last Test||14 January 2016 v England|
|ODI debut (cap 110)||10 June 2013 v Pakistan|
|Last ODI||3rd February 2016 v England|
|T20I debut (cap 55)||21st December 2012 v New Zealand|
|Last T20I||5th October 2015 v India|
|T20I shirt no.||2|
|Domestic team information|
|2013–2014||Chennai Super Kings|
|2016 - present||Delhi Daredevils|
|Source: Cricinfo, 15 January 2016|
Christopher Henry Morris (born 30 April 1987) is a South African international cricketer who plays first-class and List A cricket for Titans. He is a member of the Delhi Daredevils team, who play in the Indian Premier League.
He is known for his aggressive middle order batting and death bowling.
The right arm fast bowler who has taken 35 T20 wickets from 24 innings at an average of 16.68 at an impressive economy rate of 6.57. Morris is also a handy batsman lower down the order and has a strike rate of over 175.
Morris gave a standout performance in the 2012 domestic league in South Africa, where he fetched 21 wickets in 12 games and his strike-rate with the bat was around 200. He was also the top wicket taker in the 2015 Ram Slam T20 domestic tournament.
After several years of success in the IPL, he fetched over US$1 million at the 2016 IPL auction. Morris achieved his highest score in all formats of T20 during IPL 2016 playing against Gujarat Lions. Morris scores 82* runs of just 32 balls with 4 fours and 8 sixes & First Fastest fifty just 17 balls, IPL 2016 against Gujarat Lions in Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi.
He starred in the South Africa - England one day series in February 2016, making 62 off 38 balls to level the series in the 4th ODI.
One Day International cricket
Man of the Match awards
|S No||Opponent||Venue||Date||Match Performance||Result|
|1||England||The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg||12 February 2016||9-0-52-1 ; 62 (38 balls, 3x4, 4x6)||South Africa won by 1 wicket.|
Twenty 20 International cricket
Man of the Match awards
|S No||Series||Date||Opponent||Match Performance||Result|
|1||2016 ICC World T20||20 March 2016||Afghanistan||DNB ; 4-0-27-4||South Africa won by 37 runs.|
- Chris Morris ruled out of remaining Twenty20s
- ICC Champions Trophy 2013: South Africa beat Pakistan by 67 runs : Cricket, News - India Today. Indiatoday.intoday.in (2013-06-10). Retrieved on 2013-12-23.
- "England tour of South Africa, 2nd Test: South Africa v England at Cape Town, Jan 2-6, 2016". ESPNcricinfo. ESPN Sports Media. 2 January 2016. Retrieved 2 January 2016.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "England in South Africa ODI Series, 2015-16 - 4th ODI".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "World T20 - 20th Match, Super 10 Group 1".<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>