November 1, 1931 |
Tbilisi, Georgian SSR
Bashkirov was born in Tbilisi, Georgia. He became an Honored Artist of the RSFSR in 1968 and a People's Artist of the RSFSR in 1990. He is a recording artist with the Swiss classical record label Claves, with which he has recorded works of Johann Sebastian Bach and Beethoven.
As a pedagogue at the Moscow Conservatory and Queen Sofia College of Music in Madrid, he raised many internationally renowned artists such as Arcadi Volodos, Dmitri Alexeev, Dang Thai Son, Nikolai Demidenko, Elena Bashkirova, Kirill Gerstein, Denis Kozhukhin, Eldar Nebolsin, Vestards Šimkus, David Kadouch, Jong Hwa Park, Claudio Martinez Mehner, Bruno Vlahek, Plamena Mangova, Stanislav Ioudenitch and many others.
- Zilberquit, Mark (1983). Russia's great modern pianists. Paganiniana Publications. pp. 441–469. ISBN 978-0-87666-796-5.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Jessica Duchen (2012-07-18). "Daniel and Michael Barenboim: The family that plays together..." The Independent. Retrieved 2014-12-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Interview with Dimitri Bashkirov on 'Classical Planet'
- Dimitri Bashkirov profile on the 'International Piano Academy' website
- Interview on 'Pianistique'
- Artist page at Claves Records
|This article on a Russian classical pianist is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|