Eastern Finland Province
Östra Finlands län
|Location of Eastern Finland|
|Established||September 1, 1997|
|Abolished||January 1, 2010|
|• Governor||Pirjo Ala-Kapee|
|• Total||48,726 km2 (18,813 sq mi)|
|Population (December 31, 2009)|
|• Density||12/km2 (30/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
|ISO 3166 code||IS|
All the provinces of Finland were abolished on January 1, 2010.
The State Provincial Office was a joint regional authority of seven different ministries. It promoted national and regional objectives of the State central administration. Eastern Finland State Provincial Office had branch offices in Mikkeli, Joensuu, and Kuopio.
Eastern Finland was divided into three regions:
- North Karelia (Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen)
- Northern Savonia (Pohjois-Savo / Norra Savolax)
- Southern Savonia (Etelä-Savo / Södra Savolax)
Municipalities in 2009 (cities in bold)
Eastern Finland was divided into 54 municipalities in 2009.
Former municipalities (disestablished before 2009)
- Pirjo Ala-Kapee 1997-2009
- "New regional administration model abolishes provinces in 2010". Helsingin Sanomat International Edition. Sanoma Corporation. 31 December 2009. Retrieved 1 January 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Eastern Finland State Provincial Office - Official site
- Video about travelling in Koli area
- Pielis.ru — По Восточной Финляндии и дальше ... (Russian)
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.