Economic statistics is a topic in applied statistics that concerns the collection, processing, compilation, dissemination, and analysis of economic data. It is also common to call the data themselves 'economic statistics', but for this usage see economic data. The data of concern to economic statistics may include those of an economy of region, country, or group of countries. Economic statistics may also refer to a subtopic of official statistics for data produced by official organizations (e.g. national statistical services, intergovernmental organizations such as United Nations, European Union or OECD, central banks, ministries, etc.). Analyses within economic statistics both make use of and provide the empirical data needed in economic research, whether descriptive or econometric. They are a key input for decision making as to economic policy. The subject includes statistical analysis of topics and problems in microeconomics, macroeconomics, business, finance, forecasting, data quality, and policy evaluation. It also includes such considerations as what data to collect in order to quantify some particular aspect of an economy and of how best to collect in any given instance.
- ↑ Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Aims and Scope.
- ↑ "Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association."
- ↑ • Charles J. Bullock, 1919. "Prefatory Statement," Review of Economic Statistics, 1(1), [unnumbered page].
• Arnold Zellner, 1983. "Editorial Statement," Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 1(1), pp. 1-4.
• Eric Ghysels and Alastair Hall, 2002. "Editors' Introduction to Twentieth Anniversary Commemorative Issue," Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 20(1), pp. 1-4.
- Allen, R. G. D., 1956. "Official Economic Statistics," Economica, N.S., 23(92), pp. 360-365.
- Crum, W. L., 1925. An Introduction to the Methods of Economic Statistics, AW Shaw Co.
- Giovanini, Enrico, 2008. Understanding Economic Statistics. OECD Publishing. ISBN 978-92-64-03312-2
- Fox, Karl A., 1968. Intermediate Economic Statistics, Wiley. Description.
- Kane, Edward J., 1968. Economic Statistics and Econometrics, Harper and Row.
- Morgenstern, Oskar,  1963. On the Accuracy of Economic Observations. 2nd rev. ed. ("The Accuracy of Economic Observations" ch. 16). Princeton University Press.
- Mirer, Thad W., 1995. Economic Statistics and Econometrics, 3rd ed. Prentice Hall. Description.
- Persons, Warren M., 1910. "The Correlation of Economic Statistics," Publications of the American Statistical Association, 12(92), pp. 287-322.
- Wonnacott, Thomas H., and Ronald J. Wonnacott, 1990. Introductory Statistics for Business and Economics, 4th ed., Wiley.
- Ullah, Aman, and David E. A. Giles, ed., 1998. Handbook of Applied Economic Statistics, Marcel Dekker. Description, preview, and back cover.
- Zellner, Arnold, ed. 1968. Readings in Economic Statistics and Econometrics, Little, Brown & Co.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 506: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 506: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].