European Science Editing
|File:European Science Editing journal cover.jpg|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Eur. Sci. Ed.|
|Discipline||Editing, science communication, academic publishing|
|Edited by||Ksenija Baždarić|
|Delayed, after 6 months|
The EASE journal European Science Editing (ESE) publishes articles covering all aspects of scientific editing and publishing. It includes research articles, meeting reports, essays and viewpoints, book and website reviews, as well as highlighting events, resources and publications of interest to members. An informative and entertaining read, it helps editors keep up to date with major issues that are relevant to them.
ESE is published quarterly, and digital and print versions are free to all EASE members. The current paper copy is sent out by post and digital copies of current and past issue are held in the Journal Archive (you must be logged in to the site). Original articles are in open access the rest of the content is freely available 6 months after print publication.
The journal was established in 1975 as Earth Science Editing, published by the European Association of Earth Science Editors. In 1977 it was renamed Earth & Life Science Editing, obtaining its current title in 1986. The journal was issued triannually until 2001, when it moved to a quarterly schedule. Originally, the publication served as a newsletter to the association, before becoming an academic journal in 2002.
The journal has several sections: Original articles (Chief Editor), Essays (Chief Editor), Viewpoints and Editing around the world (ed Rhianna Gooze), Book reviews (ed Laurence Mabile), This site I like (ed Silvia Maina) , EASE-Forum digest (ed Elise Langdon-Neuner), News notes (ed John Hilton), The Editor’s bookshelf (ed Anna Maria Rossi), Meeting reports (ed Hannah Cagney) and Correspondence (ed Hrvoje Jakovac). The managing editor is Dado Čakalo.
Abstracting and indexing
- Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers
- Committee on Publication Ethics
- Council of Science Editors
- European Medical Writers Association
- International Committee of Medical Journal Editors
- Mediterranean Editors and Translators
- World Association of Medical Editors
- "Journal: European Science Editing". European Association of Science Editors. Retrieved 16 March 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "History of EASE". European Association of Science Editors. Retrieved 16 March 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Content overview". Scopus. Elsevier. Retrieved 2015-03-17.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>