|File:Gorky Automobile Plant in Nizhniy Novgorod (30).jpg|
|Manufacturer||Gorky Automobile Plant|
|Assembly||Nizhny Novgorod, Russia|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||Flatbed truck|
|Wheelbase||108.7 in (2,761 mm)|
|Length||249.9 in (6,347 mm)|
|Width||92.13 in (2,340 mm)|
|Height||102.2 in (2,596 mm)|
The GAZ Sadko (Russian: Садко) is a Russian-built, 2.5-ton, all-wheel-drive cargo truck. The Sadko is produced by the Gorky Automobile Plant (GAZ) and was named after Sadko, a character in a Russian medieval epic bylina, who was an adventurer, merchant, and gusli musician from Novgorod. It also exists a 4×2-version, named GAZ-3307.
The current GAZ-3308 “Sadko” series of vehicles serves as a replacement for the GAZ-66, which entered production in 1964 and remained thus for approximately thirty-five years. Production of the GAZ-3308 began in 1996 as per military requirements. Commercial and export versions are also produced. The first of the new all-wheel-drive trucks was created by the Gorky Automobile Plant in 1996 under the symbol GAZ-33097. Series production models, which received the industry index GAZ-3308 and a new name, "Sadko", began in December 1997. The Russian Army's 2.3-ton truck GAZ-3308 replaced the GAZ-66-40-cab-over-engine model. On GAZ-3308, a cab from the GAZ-3309 modified using different fenders with enlarged wheel arches and drive axles, and transmission similar to that used on the GAZ-66-40.
Since 2003, most Sadkos have been equipped with a turbo diesel MMZ D-245.7 (from 2005 emission class Euro-2, from 2013 replaced by the type D-245.7E4 with environmental class Euro-4) engines. In 2005, a 4-ton model GAZ-33086 Countryman with a twin-tired rear axle, which uses elements of the Sadko, was produced.
In 2013, a version of the GAZ-33088 Sadko with a turbo-diesel YaMZ-53442 with Euro-4 became available. In June 2014 GAZ presented a new version, with the unofficial name of Sadko-Next, an increased carrying capacity of 3 tons, and also the new version of GAZ-3309.
- GAZ-3308 - basic version with 130-horsepower carbureted engine ZMZ-5231.10 displacement of 4.67 liters;
- GAZ-33081 - changed from 117-horsepower diesel engine MMZ D-245.7 displacement of 4.75 liters with turbocharging;
- GAZ-33082 - Early version with GAZ-562 turbodiesel under license from Steyr;
- GAZ-33085 and GAZ-33086 (GAZ Zemlyak) with a payload capacity of 4 000 kg. This truck has inferior cross-country performance compared to Sadko;
- GAZ-33088 - changed from 134.5-horsepower diesel engine YaMZ-53442 displacement of 4.43 liters with turbocharging.
- N-2: A MLRS system produced in Armenia on the GAZ-3308 chasis
Buses on "Sadko" chassis
- KAvZ-39766 - KAvZ built all-terrain bus using a 19-seater bus body of a small class KAvZ-3976. Modifications: 397660 - with a carbureted engine ZMZ-513, 397663 - with a diesel engine MMZ D-245.7. Produced in 2003–2005.
- Semar (Ru:СемАР)-3257 - closed 12-seat bus-terrain vehicle with a body small class bus Semar-3280. Equipped with a carburetored engine ZMZ-513. Produced in 2001–2006.
- Shift bus chassis GAZ-3308 - Utility "vahtovka" with separate angular body on the chassis of GAZ-3308 standard cab. Made in 2003–2006 by Semar. Currently manufactured at Auto Pro.
The GAZ-330811-10 Вепрь VEPR (En:Wild Boar) is a special-purpose vehicle based on a shortened "Sadko" with a three-or five-door all-metal body. "Wild Boar" retains all the advantages of a car "Sadko" (momentum, continuity, comfort cab).
GAZ 330811-10 Wild Boar-1.jpg
GAZ Vepr (Wild Boar)
Gorky Automobile Plant in Nizhniy Novgorod (36).jpg
GAZ Vepr (Wild Boar) rear oblique
- Length: 6347 mm
- Width: 2340 mm
- Height: 2595 mm
- 4150 kg (curb)
- 6450 kg (full)
ZMZ-5231 • V-8 • working volume - 4.67 l • Power 124 hp • torque of 298 Nm
MMZ D-245.7 • R-4 • working volume - 4.75 l • Power 117 hp • torque of 382 Nm
MMZ D-245.7E3 • R-4 • working volume - 4.75 l • Power 119 hp • torque of 420 Nm
YaMZ-53442 • R-4 • working volume - 4.43 l • Power 134.5 hp • torque of 417 Nm
- Russia - GAZ-3308 was adopted as military truck for the Russian Armed Forces
- Syria - 114 GAZ-3308 trucks were sold to Syrian Armed Forces in 2005
- Ukraine - National Guard of Ukraine
- ARG. "GAZ-3308 Sadko Light Utility Truck – Military-Today.com". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Мельников А.Е. "КАВЗ-3976". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Auto Pro webpage
- "Вепрь". gazgroup.ru. Retrieved 11 January 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Сергей Канунников, Антон Чуркин. Мы мирные люди, но... годны к строевой // журнал "За рулём", № 10, 2000. стр.70-72
- Вадим Удманцев. C напутствием от Роспрома // "Военно-промышленный курьер", № 32 (99) от 31 августа 2005
- Система залпового огня термобарических реактивных снарядов на вооружении армянской армии // информационное агентство "Оружие России" от 14 июня 2013
- Військова частина 3035 отримала нову техніку // официальный сайт Национальной гвардии Украины от 1 января 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to GAZ-3308.|