Grisha I-class corvette
|Builders:||Zelenodol'sk Zavod, Kazan, Komsomolsk, Leninskaya Kuznitsa, Kiev, Zaliv Zavod 532, Kerch, Ukraine|
|Succeeded by:||Steregushchy class|
|Length:||71.6 m (235 ft)|
|Beam:||9.8 m (32 ft)|
|Draught:||3.7 m (12 ft)|
|Speed:||34 knots (63 km/h; 39 mph)|
|Range:||4,000 nautical miles (7,400 km; 4,600 mi) at 10 kn (19 km/h; 12 mph)|
|Bizan-4B suite with Watch Dog intercept|
The Albatros class (Russian: Альбатрос; NATO reporting name: Grisha) was a series of anti-submarine corvettes built by the Soviet Union between 1970 and 1990. These ships had a limited range and were used only in coastal waters. They were equipped with a variety of ASW weapons and an SA-N-4 surface-to-air missile launcher. All were fitted with retractable fin stabilizers. Russian type designation was Malyy Protivolodochnyy Korabl (Small Anti-Submarine Ship).
- Grisha I (1124.1)- 12 ships built 1970-1974 and decommissioned by 1979
- The Grisha II class (1124P) were built for the KGB border guard, These ships had a second 57 mm gun mounting replacing the SA-N-4 missile system forward. 17 ships were built in the 1970s. Two were transferred to the Ukrainian Navy and around seven are in service with the Russian Maritime Border Guard.
- The Grisha III class (1124M) were built in the late 1970s to early 1980s. These ships incorporated several small scale modifications, including a 30 mm gun and new electronics. Thirty four units were built. About 20 remain in Russian service. Two ships were in service with the Lithuanian Navy till 2009.
- A single Grisha IV class (1124K) ship was built. This ship was a trials ship for the SA-N-9 missile system and has been decommissioned.
- The Grisha V class (1124 ME) ships were built between 1985 and 1994. This incorporated further modifications with the twin 57 mm guns being replaced by a single 76 mm gun. Thirty ships were built. About 28 ships remain in the Russian Navy. Ternopil entered service in 2006 with the Ukrainian Navy.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Grisha class corvettes.|
Corvette Grisha V.jpg
Grisha V-class corvette
- Gardiner, Robert (ed.) (1995). Conway's all the World's Fighting Ships 1947-1995. London: Conway Maritime. ISBN 0-85177-605-1. OCLC 34284130.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles> Also published as Gardiner, Robert; Chumbley, Stephen; Budzbon, Przemysław (1995). Conway's all the World's Fighting Ships 1947-1995. Annapolis, MD: Naval Institute Press. ISBN 1-55750-132-7. OCLC 34267261.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Project 1124 Albatros Grisha class". Federation of American Scientists. 2000-09-07. Retrieved 2008-01-27.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- (English) All Grisha Class Corvettes - Complete Ship List