Horst Julius Freiherr Treusch von Buttlar-Brandenfels
Horst Julius Freiherr Treusch von Buttlar-Brandenfels (14 June 1888 – 3 September 1962) was a German general. "Freiherr," which means Baron, was his title of nobility.
He was the commander of Frankfurt Airport at the end of World War II.
Other distinctions awarded to him were:
- Iron Cross (1914), 1st and 2nd class
- Knights Cross of the House Order of Hohenzollern with Swords (9 October 1916)
- Hanseatic Cross of Hamburg
- Marinekabinett (in German) de:Marinekabinett
- Rangliste der Kaiserlich Deutschen Marine, Publisher: Ernst Siegfried Mittler und Sohn, Berlin 1918, page 47.
|This World War II article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|