Independența is a commune in Constanța County, Romania. It includes five villages:
- Independența (historical name: Bairamdede, Turkish: Bayramdede)
- Fântâna Mare (historical name: Başpunar, Turkish: Başpınar)
- Movila Verde (historical names: Feteşti, Turkish: Kızıl Murat)
- Olteni (historical names: Demircea, Turkish: Demirci)
- Tufani (historical names: Cara Agi, Turkish: Karacy)
The commune also included the villages of Periș (historical name: Armutlia), located at Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found., and Căciulaţi (historical name: Cealmagea), located at Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found., which were nominally merged with Olteni by the 1968 administrative reform and are currently deserted.
At the 2011 census, Independența had 2,359 Romanians (77.78%), 397 Turks (13.09%), 270 Tatars (8.90%), 7 others (0.23%).
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Constanta County at the 2011 census" (PDF) (in Romanian). INSSE. February 2, 2012. Retrieved March 8, 2012.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- ↑ Fallingrain.com, Location of Căciulaţi, accessed on March 21, 2012
- ↑ (Romanian) Cuget Liber, The lost paradise of Dobruja - the story of a family of veterans from the Independence War who founded Periș village 100 years ago, accessed on July 13, 2011
- ↑ (Romanian) Jurnalul.ro, The Blacks, the Germans and the Turkish Savior, accessed on February 17, 2012