Luhansk International Airport
|Lugansk International Airport
"Міжнародний аеропорт Луганськ"
The ruins of Luhansk International Airport in September 2014
|IATA: VSG – ICAO: UKCW
|Elevation AMSL||636 ft / 194 m|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
Luhansk International Airport (Ukrainian: Міжнародний аеропорт "Луганськ") was an airport in Luhansk, Ukraine (IATA: VSG, ICAO: UKCW). The airport was located 20 km (12 miles) south of the city center, 9 km to the city limit. Since 11 June 2014 the airport was officially closed. It has been nearly completely destroyed during the War in Donbass.
Airlines and destinations
Accidents and incidents
- On 14 June 2014, a Ukrainian Air Force Ilyushin Il-76 aircraft was shot down on approach to Luhansk, killing all 49 people on board. This was the most severe loss suffered by the Ukrainian military since the start of the pro-Russian conflict in February 2014.
- List of the busiest airports in the former USSR
- List of airports in Ukraine
- Transportation in Ukraine
- Three airports in the East Ukraine closed until better times. Ukrinform. 19 June 2014
- UTair-Ukraine started flights. Avianews. 12 December 2009
Media related to Lugansk Airport at Wikimedia Commons