Nikolai Romanov (artist)
|Born||Nikolai Alexandrovich Romanov
May 12, 1957
Pushkin, Leningrad Oblast, Soviet Union
|Education||Repin Institute of Arts|
Nikolai Alexandrovich Romanov was born on May 12, 1957 in Pushkin near Leningrad. In 1980 he graduated from Art College after Vladimir Serov in Leningrad.
Since 1985 Romanov had participated in Art Exhibitions, mostly as a master of lirycal landscape. He worked in technique of oil painting, tempera, pastel, watercolors, and pencil drawing. In 1990 he was admitted to the Leningrad Union of Soviet Artists.
Nikolai Romanov is a winner of Silver Medal of the Academy of Art (1987), Silver (2008) and Gold Medal (2012) ″For the Contribution to Domestic Culture″ of the International Federation of Artists. Romanov is one of two Russian artists who was invited to participation in Festival, to the devoted 100 Anniversary of the Fauvism in 2007 (Collioure, France).
Paintings of Nikolai Romanov reside in the Art museum of Academy of Arts in Saint Petersburg, State Art Museum of Novosibirsk, in Palace of Arts of Perpignan (France), Museum of Art in Cambrai (France), in Ivanovo Regional Art Museum, as well as in private collections in Russia, Italy, China, Cyprus, Norway, Korea, USA, Germany, Sweden, Spain, New Zealand, Australia, Greece, Chili, Austria, UK and other countries.
- Silver Medal of Repin Academy of Art (Saint Petersburg, 1987)
- Silver Medal "For the Contribution to Domestic Culture" of the International Federation of Artists (2008)
- Gold Medal "For the Contribution to Domestic Culture" of the International Federation of Artists (2012)
Clouds in Venice. 2012
Parallel World. 2011
Hot Desire. 2011
Yaroslavl town. 2009
Evening Prosperity. 2013
- Anniversary Directory graduates of Saint Petersburg State Academic Institute of Painting, Sculpture, and Architecture named after Ilya Repin, Russian Academy of Arts. 1915-2005. Saint Petersburg, Pervotsvet Publishing House, 2007. P.147.
- Логвинова Е. Муза и деньги // Free Time, 2006, №1 (92), C.30.